Co8 8.1.0 bugs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sirchet, Aug 15, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Nice catch, there should have been relevant code in the PC_Modifier script, as it is in KotB. To think of all the poor parties that got wiped due to faulty spyglasses... :no:

2. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

Think of all the money wasted on buying a spyglass as soon as I could afford it.

3. Tomtech

Tomtech Member

My Paladin just leveled up to level 2 and cannot lay on hands to anyone other than herself.

She is not fallen and has rested.

When I click use she is healed without an option to select another party member.

4. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Have you tried right clicking on another character with her selected?

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

It's a tricky mechanism, you have to do it just right. I just tried the following and had no problems with it (I'm not saying its the only way to do it, but it worked):

- position your paladin near the recipient so you don't have to move the screen or anything
    - right click on some blank area to bring up the radial menu
    - click use to get the little wand
    - click the little wand on the recipient

That worked for me. Twice :)

Think of the poor modder who's item got ruined by subsequent hacking! Think of the modders! Won't somebody think of the modders!?! :suprised:

EDIT: O, regarding the Cloak of Resistance issue from the previous page - I checked protos.tab and all our various colours of cloaks are set up the same, +2 on all saves. No idea what's happening there but it's not the prototype of the cloak :shrug:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  6. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

I have restarted TOEE NC 8.1.0 and I have gotten to the second level of the temple. I am wondering why the stairs to the third level near Kelno's office aren't on the temple map that one character starts when you enter the temple in the beginning? It seems to be the only set of stairs that I can find that aren't on the map.

I haven't gotten there but I remember (my mind ain't what it used to be) that when you meet the prisoners on the third level, you are told about a pillar of light and they mark it on the map but there isn't a mark on the map. Is that a bug also? I know it really means nothing but they say they do it and it doesn't show up. For this one, I remember Charlie (I think he has been eaten already) and there is also Mandy and one other person.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  7. Sitra Achara

I've chosen to list those stairs under temple level 3 (the XYZ Temple Access entries). In general, I think I've opted to list only the 'destination' of stairs, because otherwise every location would essentially be listed twice and clutter the dialogue. But, if there's demand I can include that under level 2 as well.

The pillar of light is supposed to be where those bouncing balls are in the fourth level. But, it's not really represented in the game, neither graphically nor functionally.

Might be worth scripting a limited version of that.

8. Shiningted

Good luck with that ;)

9. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

The stairs I am talking about aren't listed at all. They lead to where Scorp is. You only have the ones going to the 4 trolls with the keys, the one with the lamia (I think that is the one with the +3 sword), the one to the secret area, and the one by the 2 trolls and all the shadows.

10. Sitra Achara

You're right, that's not in the list. Not sure why, maybe I didn't want to confuse people with the other Air Temple access. But since you brought it up I'll add it :)

Emphasis on limited :) Like, adding the throne, a 'pillar' particle effect, and a dialogue pop-up for communicating with Zuggy when you cross into it.

11. Shiningted

There's already that whole 'Slippery Mind / make Zuggy your slave' thing, is that actually in the game anywhere? My experience is she shows up and you just fight, but then I've never confronted here wit the Skull of Golden Sauce in my back pocket or anything so... confrontational.

12. Sitra Achara

She can charm one of your PCs if you have the skull, yes, via a script command. I guess it's possible to add but I'm not sure it's worthwhile. I guess it's worth discussing after KotB 1.2 is out ;)

13. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Pillar of light, bouncing balls ... it's all the same thing. ;)

14. LarkinVB

LarkinVB Member

Same problem with Romag battle in the big cave I already had with the harpys.

I clicked into the cave, half my party made it into the room when the battle started. The rest is outside and the entrance is blocked. This is no fun as I had to reload an old save.

Btw I killed the torturer and bugbear in the earth temples prison and released the prisoners but the earth temple did not went hostile. Is this to be expected ?

15. Salk

Salk Established Member

Hoping to not come out too strong as it happened in the past, I am reporting that in 8.1.0 the tripping bug is still present (http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?p=130689).

I guess fixing it requires messing with the game engine...

Our Host!