KotB 1.0.1 Bug List

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Aug 16, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi Gaear
    Yes. It used to be fairly fast. I just reloaded some of my saves, and based on the results, it seems like it has something to do with Korrac. When I reloaded my "Pre - Korrac" saves, the world map worked at it's usuall speed, but the ones that occured "Post Korrac" were much slower ( even if I told Korrac to leave the party ).
    The Royal Canadian

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Thanks. That at least tells us that it's being affected by some event and it's not some core issue with world map travel within that game system itself.

3. SalamionRye

SalamionRye Member

Hello, really enjoying the game. Played the ToEE with the modpacks about a year ago and checked back recently to find this. What an undertaking!

My bug, though, is this: Having visited the Thorp of Lord Axer, we reported back to the Temple of Heironeous and got the "Blind Justice" quest to identify someone in the Thorp who would serve as a conduit for scrying. I feel sure that the concubine Haylee is the right person, since when I talk to her with my paladin I have a Diplomacy option to the effect of, Why do you go along with this since you're not really evil? After picking that one, though, I get a dialogue choice that is just a number 1 with the Diplomacy symbol and a number 2, but with no accompanying text to indicate what you would be saying in either case. I find I either can't pick 1 or that doing so just re-presents the same options. Picking 2 exits the dialogue and after that I can't re-engage with this person in a useful way. Assuming I have the right idea, I don't think I can proceed with this bit as it is.

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

O my goodness...

You've stumbled on the Lawful Good plotline (yes, it can be triggered by non-LG parties in specific circumstances, sorry about that) which is very much unfinished (and should be inaccessible) in the current game. Please ignore :wave: On a happier note, that plotline is almost finished and the whole LG plot will be available in the next release.

@ TRC: meant to respond earlier, apologies. That issue with the world map plagued my game previously but hadn't been reported in quite a while, I thought it had gone by the wayside in the various changes to the random_encounter file. I'll keep an eye out for it. Do you have a save game you could post?

5. The Royal Canadian

Hi Ted
    Here are my saves. Slot007 ( before Korrac joined the party ) should have World Map Travel at normal speed. The other save should travel MUCH slower.
    The Royal Canadian

Attached Files:

6. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

TRC, you did not attach all the relevant files. See link in my sig for instructions.

7. The Royal Canadian

Oops !!
    Sorry Sitra !! Hopefully I got the right files this time.
    TRC

Attached Files:

8. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

Bug?

The crossbow of accuracy gives no bonus to hit and has a resale value of only 6cp. I should have just made a +1 crossbow instead :(

9. Shiningted

Re: Bug?

Moving this to the bug thread. It had no price as I forgot you can make it ;)

EDIT: For the love of criminy, you're right... missing the To Hit bonus <sigh>

FIXED.

10. sonofliberty

Ok, is there a fix? If I can get a real crossbow of accuracy, I would rather have that than sell it.

11. Shiningted

The fix is a change to protos.tab which I won't post because there's no telling how many other things it might break (and wouldn't work on an existing item anyway). But we can do this by console, its tricky but I just tried it and it works. :)

first you need to get a handle on the crossbow. It will be item 4477 (light), 4478 (heavy) or 4479 (repeating) depending on what you made. So, give it to your party leader (leftmost character, a pc) and in the console type

x = game.leader.item_find(4477) [press 'enter']

(Obviously if you are using a heavy or repeating crossbow, type 4478 or 4479).

Once you've done that, to check it worked, just type

x [press 'enter']

and it should tell you what x is.

Next, to enhance it, type

x.item_condition_add_with_args("To Hit Bonus", 2, 0) [press 'enter']

Which will make it +2 to hit but not damage, which is the point of the Crossbow of Accuracy.

Note that doing it this way means the bonus will not show up anywhere outside combat - your 'to hit' box in the character sheet won't go up by 2, for instance - but in combat it will attack at +2 and this will show up in the breakdown as an Enhancement bonus.

Have fun and type carefully! :wave:

12. sonofliberty

I will try it thanks. Can I then craft it to a +1 giving me a +3 to hit and +1 to damage?

13. sonofliberty

Ok, tried it. When I hit enter at the end it came up with a 1. Let me try it in combat now and see what happens. Thanks.

14. sonofliberty

Works great, Thanks.

15. The Overlord

The Overlord Member

After dismissing a hired merc from the green dragon tavern, the merc is still on the party formation screen, and is still a part of your party when selecting "all party members". It even follows you around invisibly, but never returns to the tavern.

After dismissing Korrac, he never returned to the cave w/ the other dwarves.

Animal companions only attack sometimes, mostly just skip there turns regardless of combat orders. Keep inhabitants go hostile when entering the keep with a lizard companion.

Charmed enemies still attack your party.

Billy quest not initiating.

Killing head priest in upper caves results in crash, but knocking unconscious is okay.

Otherwise, great work! Looking forward to update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!