Why not combine Co8 and Liv's mod, as well as all the current patch files?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by lexb123, May 25, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Kuraylon

Kuraylon Member

crafty little swine

Whyever not? I think crafting wizards are some of the most interesting characters to play. The only thing about them is that the entire party really have to be team players and learn to share. If you can do that, then a crafting wizard can really pump up the power.

I mean really, which would you rather be able to do, do 30ish damage three or so times per day with fireball spells, or effectively 60 damage almost consistently every turn with a paladin and a tricked out greatsword (ah, the memories).

And not only that, but you can increase your own utility a hundredfold with wands and certain wondrous items. And when something ceases to be useful, cash it in and make something better. In ToEE at least, you can often make enough off of a magic item to make two of it or even one the next level up.

Sure a crafter does most of his work in the background or by proxy, but I get a sense of pride when it's my sword that just beat the hell out of that herozu or my boots of speed that just let the rogue squeeze in that telling blow. But maybe that's just me.

2. lexb123

lexb123 Member

I agree with Kuraylon

Item crafting is great and the minor exp loss does not offset the fact that it helps out if the party is willing to share.

Our Host!