Herzou Stench Glitch?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Equestrium, Sep 24, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Equestrium

Equestrium Member

Hello everyone, I'm a bit new to D&D, but I'm getting the hang of things quite quickly. Everything started making a lot more sense when I got the hang of what does what. However, I'm faced with a new problem.

After defeating Herzou, on about the 9th attempt, I thought I was done with him. I managed to kill him without anyone dying, so I don't loose any constitution, which I'd really like to keep considering my sorcerer is level 12 and only has 59 HP (really sad). But then I noticed that, after resting for about 30 days, Herzou Stench wouldn't wear off, and it says it does for a few moments but then I go into a door and it comes back. I rested at the Welcome Wench Inn, and I even had Terjon neutralize poison. When looking at my stats, it says that I have Feeble Mind cast on my sorcerer, and I had my cleric cast Heal, which cured everything, but only for a few moments and the problems occurred again. And since my intelligence and charisma are 1, my sorcerer can't even read signs at this point.

I have no idea if this glitch is permanent, or if it has to do with this spell object in my inventory that I have no idea how I picked up, but it's starting to get me really angry. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

2. chano

chano Established Member

Talk to the druid Jaroo, he will help you.

3. Equestrium

Equestrium Member

I wish that fixed it, but it still lasts. I think I may just have to restart my game entirely, seeing as I was so much of an idiot to keep only one save.

4. Kragenskjold

Kragenskjold Member

Yeah, that's happened to me with a sorc who had protection from energy-fire's visual effect linger even after visiting Jaroo the druid, resting for over a week and reactivating the front end module. So, I decided to remove all the gear they had, visit the inn and remove them from the party, recreate the sorc and then use the console to put back the xp.

shift and ~ to open the console, then type:

game.party[X].stat_base_set(stat_experience,Y)

where X is the character # from left to right, starting with 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7
    and where Y is the XP amount

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

You could also just type game.party[x].award_experience(#####)

Our Host!