Murlynd's mods for Co8 8.1.0

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Murlynd, Sep 20, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Murlynd

Murlynd The White Paladin

Sorry about the lull in postings, but it's time to bring up some fixes for 8.1.0 NC! :roll:

A fix is needed for the Resist Energy spell. According to the SRD, the duration of the spell is 10 min./level. However, note the incorrect duration for Resist Energy in this section from the script, Spell400 - Resist Elements.py:
    Code:
    	elif spell_arg == 5:
    		element_type = SONIC
    		partsys_type = 'sp-Resist Elements-sonic'

spell.duration = [COLOR="red"]10[/COLOR] * spell.caster_level

npc = spell.caster			##  added so NPC's can pre-buff
    	if npc.type != obj_t_pc and npc.leader_get() == OBJ_HANDLE_NULL and not game.combat_is_active():
    		spell.duration = 2000 * spell.caster_level

This code gives a duration of 1 min./level. The code should be:
    Code:
    	elif spell_arg == 5:
    		element_type = SONIC
    		partsys_type = 'sp-Resist Elements-sonic'

spell.duration = [COLOR="Yellow"]100[/COLOR] * spell.caster_level

npc = spell.caster			##  added so NPC's can pre-buff
    	if npc.type != obj_t_pc and npc.leader_get() == OBJ_HANDLE_NULL and not game.combat_is_active():
    		spell.duration = 2000 * spell.caster_level
    This fix will give a duration of 10 min./level.

I am posting the script change for Resist Energy. The .py file goes into '...\Temple of Elemental Evil\data\scr\'. Please, do NOT forget to first backup your original file! If there are any problems, just let me know.

ENJOY! ;)

Attached Files:

2. Murlynd

Murlynd's Mods

This next fix for 8.1.0 NC came about because of a posting about the scroll for Dominate Monster.
    After looking at the problem with Dominate Monster's scroll, I noticed several problems with Dominate Monster that need to be fixed. :shame:

1) After Dominate Monster expires, if the creature is in the controllable game party, the creature becomes a permanent party member!
    2) A scroll of Dominate Monster and a wand of Dominate Monster do NOT work, even with the Use Magic Device skill!
    3) With the Scribe Scroll feat, a scroll of Dominate Monster can NOT be written! With the Craft Wand feat, a wand of Dominate Monster can NOT be crafted!
    4) A scroll of Dominate Monster has a cost of 375 GP, it should be 3825 GP.
    5) The casting of Dominate Monster gives NO sound effects.

After testing and debugging, I worked out a solution for ALL the above problems. :bored:

1) Added a timed event to Spell140 - Dominate Monster.py. The creature will leave the party after the spell's duration expires.
    2) Modified protos.tab to fix the spell, class, and level for the scroll and wand of Dominate Monster.
    3) Modified item_creation.mes to give the correct prerequisites for the scroll and wand of Dominate Monster.
    4) Modified protos.tab to give the correct scroll price.
    5) Modified snd_spells.mes, so that Dominate Monster's sound effects are the same as Dominate Person's.

BTW: Thanks, messedup! :yes:

I am posting the fix for Dominate Monster, Murlynd's Dominate Monster fix v1.0.zip. The zip contains Spell140 - Dominate Monster.py, protos.tab, item_creation.mes (the rules one!), and snd_spells.mes.
    The zip file needs to be extracted into the '...\Temple of Elemental Evil\' folder.
    Please, do NOT forget to first backup ALL your files! If there are any problems, just let me know.

ENJOY! :evil_laug

Attached Files:

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Re: Murlynd's Mods

I assume that as a 9th level spell, it shouldn't be able to be crafted for wands, right?

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

4th level and below, right? Of course I could be remembering wrong again. ;)

5. Murlynd

Gaear and sirchet are both correct!

I only made the change to the Dominate Monster wand, so it will function.

Per the SRD on the Craft Wand feat, only 4th level or lower spells are craft-able as wands. If you wish me to go through the item creation specs for Craft Wand, I have a few suggestions:

REMOVE
    Wand of Call Lightning Storm (Drd 5)
    Wand of Chain Lightning (Air 6, Sor/Wiz 6)
    Wand of Control Plants (Drd 8, Plant 8)
    Wand of Dominate Monster (Sor/Wiz 9)

ADD
    Wand of Animal Growth (Rgr 4)
    Wand of Dispel Chaos (Pal 4)
    Wand of Dispel Evil (Pal 4)
    Wand of Dominate Person (Brd 4)
    Wand of Hold Monster (Brd 4)
    Wand of Holy Sword (Pal 4)

If you have any opinions or suggestions, let me know if you want any changes made to the Craft Wand specs.

Later!

6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

That would be cool. :thumbsup:

7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Remove the wand of chain lightning as craftable by all means, but the vanilla wand found in the game should stay, imho.

8. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

What those guys said. ^ :)

9. Murlynd

Murlynd's Mods

Thanks to Gaear, sirchet, and ShiningTed for the responses! :)

I have made a few changes to the Item Creation feats and they are as follows:

To the Craft Wand feat, I removed the wands of Call Lightning Storm, Chain Lightning, Control Plants, and Dominate Monster, because their spell levels are greater than 4. I added the wands of Animal Growth, Dispel Chaos, Dispel Evil, Dominate Person, Hold Monster, and Holy Sword, because each is a level 4 spell for a class.

I am taking the initiative to make some changes to the underused and forgotten Brew Potion feat.
    I am adding the potions of Barkskin, Cat's Grace, Delay Poison, Displacement, Owl's Wisdom, Remove Curse, and Remove Disease. All these potions have spell levels of 3 or less in a class.

All the wands and potions have the correct spell prerequisites and names.

NOTE: The prerequisite change for the scroll of Dominate Monster from this post, here, is also included. The scroll can be written using the Scribe Scroll feat.

I am posting the changes to the item_creation.mes (the rules one!) and item_creation_names.mes files. Both these files are in the attached zip file, Item Creation v2.0.zip.
    The zip file needs to be extracted into '...\Temple of Elemental Evil\'. Please, do NOT forget to first backup both your ORIGINAL files! If there are any problems, just let me know.

ENJOY! :wave:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  10. edmortimer

edmortimer Occupy Wall Street

Fabtastic stuff! Just wanted to say thanks for ALL the work you've done to make the game more enjoyable!

11. Forgalz

Forgalz Established Member

Our Host!