KotB 1.0.1 Bug List

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Aug 16, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

What spell were you using to heal? Was it a spontaneous casting?

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I'll test if a healing spell makes someone go hostile. Re Korrac's scroll, that's the second mention of it, but I haven't been able to replicate it, it works fine for me. Did you try giving it to a Wizard character?

By vars[24] I meant game.global_vars[24] - if you could type that in please ;) I checked but whether the Arachnaphobia quest is completed is not checked for.

3. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi Sitra
    I actually had it happen two different ways. The first was, as you surmised, a spontaneous casting. the second was a Cure Light Wounds from my bard.
    The Royal Canadian

4. The Royal Canadian

Hi ted
    I intersperse my comments in your message.
    The Royal Canadian

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  5. Shiningted

The Sleight of Hand things are due to a complicated script that allows you to surreptitiously loot her while she's unconscious, but punishes you for just stripping her in front of the other Dwarves - sounds like that's gotten involved. It's not the noble Dwarfess trying to pick your pockets mid-combat ;) It's also 99%-probably unrelated to this whole combat-when-healed thing.

Can anyone remember casting a healing spell (or a non-offensive spell in general) on an NPC and them just taking it without going hostile? I found when doing 'Modify Memory' that something that targets an NPC (as opposed to them being in an AoE) makes them go hostile, but I also thought that casting CLW or something on an NPC was fine. But then, how many injured NPCs do you encounter in ToEE? They are either healthy or injured because you made them that way ;)

6. The Royal Canadian

Hi Ted
    I just did some more testing, and I have another problem to report
    1.) The long and short of it is that ANY healing done on Berla ( even if it's a pair of Cure Light Wounds, memorized and cast by Korrac ) will make the Dwarves hostile ( I must admit I find it rather interesting that Korrac will attack you in response to a spell HE cast.... )
    2.) For some reason map transitions have slowed WAY down on my system. It literally takes a minute or two for the dot's to get my party anywhere. Even when resting upstairs in the Inn, it seems to take longer than it used to.
    The Royal Canadian

7. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Ok, got the healing Berla thing figured out. It's unrelated to the healing in itself - as usual, it's an interesting and unexpected interaction of game systems at work.

Basically, Berla's items have san_remove_item scripts assigned to them to detect the player looting her (some you can pull off with a sleight of hand check, others are "too obvious"). Cool stuff, right? Except that these scripts also fire when she wakes up and equips her items, because the game registers that as item removal - ha!

Fortunately it's not hard to fix (attached), though it does expose another bug - Berla will get knocked out again next time you enter the cave, and even if it didn't, it creates a sort of a plot hole when you heal her :p I'll leave that for another time.

Fixed by Ted (in official game!)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2014
  8. The Royal Canadian

Hi Ted
    I have a couple more for you.

1.) I am unable to reach the Bugbear Chief's Treasure Chest. Even "Enlarge Person" doesn't give me enough reach.
    2.) In the Gnoll Cave Treasure Room, there are several Gnoll Shields lying on the floor. I I pick them up, they show up in my inventory with Sword Icons, and when I put them in the barrel with the 12 Masterwork Handaxes ( Is there really supposed to be that many Masterwork items in there ), the shields disappear.
    The Royal Canadian

9. Shiningted

It's a veritable treasure trove, yah. Basic players must have fainted at delight. A lot of gnoll stuff is set to not show up in inventories (you may remember being attacked by Gnolls in the Moathouse who had swords and shields in their hands, but not their inventories). I never understood why that was and so threw them in, but imperfectly. I'll fix it.
    I like that! I wish I could script for it. But essentially, there's something high up in a secret alcove on the wall, and you're all out of 10' poles. What else might you have in your pack?
    There you go, it was a one percenter.

10. The Royal Canadian

Hi Ted
    The Royal Canadian

11. The Royal Canadian

Hi Sitra
    May I suggest that the "lootable" items be moved to another Dwarf's inventory "for safekeeping" ? After all she IS unconscious, and her conscious friends might need the gear she's carrying if the Kobalds ever break through the door. Another thought: Is it possible to script it so that she waits a couple of heartbeats before equiping everything ?
    The Royal Canadian

12. Shiningted

Ok, I've tested the dragon map problems on two different computers and could not replicate, sorry :shrug: my parties have no trouble picking things up, unless they loot the dragon first and get sprayed with acid as per the Known Issues.

13. The Royal Canadian

Hi Ted
    You can add me as further confirming the "Nothing wrong with the Dragon's Loot" theory. When I killed the Dragon, I had no problems picking up the loot.
    The Royal Canadian

14. The Royal Canadian

By the way Ted: Any idea what would cause my worldmap travel to slow WAY down ?? I kid you not, It takes at least one minute of "real" time for the "dots" to take me from one place to another ( except for going between the different landing areas in the Keep ).
    The Royal Canadian

15. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Did it used to be normal speed, and then it became slow?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!