KotB 1.0.1 Bug List

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Aug 16, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi
    I was able to confirm ( at least with my system ) the Starting inventory manipulation "bug". I even went so far as to re-activate KoTB 1.0.1, just to make sure it wasn't a result of a bad activation ( I guess it is possible to get two consecutive bad activations, but what are the odds ? ).
    Here is what I did:
    1.) Created characters using the die roll method ( I did NOT use the Die Roll - Advanced combo method ).
    2.) Entered the shop map, bypassing the standard equipment chest and purchased armor for my fighter and my cleric, and a Longbow for my Elvin Rogue. I then opened the Standard Equipment Chest, and selected the option to using the standard starting equipment. Everyone who can wear armor was given a free suit of leather armor, and everyone was given a an extra potion of healing, and a pair of boots. My Rogue was given a set of Lockpicks, and my Bard was given a musical instrument. This only works once. Clicking on the "Set Gold to Standard 500 GP Default, gets you the "No Cheating" message mentioned earlier.

One other note: En Route to the Spider woulds, my 5 Adventurers killed a Giant Frog ( no NPCs and no Summons or Animal Copanions ) and received a big whooping 0 ( ZERO ) Experience Points, which I think is rather odd, seeing as we are talking about 1st Level PC's in their first combat ever.

The Royal Canadian

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Thanks TRC, we'll get on those. The XP thing (well, balancing in general) is our current focus, but you should still get something for a fight ;)

3. chano

chano Established Member

hmmm,, i am begining to think that the being called a cheater thing was in toee,, i have been playing way to much lately :)

4. The Royal Canadian

Hi Chano
    No. It shows up in KoTB also. The actual message is "No Cheating". I should also point out that the Standard Gear Chest cheat only works once.
    The Royal Canadian

5. The Royal Canadian

Hi Ted
    I have a few more things to report
    1.) The "Sneak Out of the Mound" trick is back in play. I was able to get my party out of the underground area in the Spider Forest by having my Rogue sneak his way through.
    2.) After clearing the Southern Forest, I reported to the Bailiff, and he said he would have the scribe make some scrolls for me, but when I talked with the Scribe, there was no Dialogue option for " The Bailiff said you would have some scrolls for me ".
    3.) There is something weird with the Ink and Parchment that you buy from Geoffrey. It should ( in theory at any rate ) record your "exploits", rumors that you have heard, and books you have read. The set I have mentions the reward for Billy the archer as if I haven't completed that quest ( I have, and I never did get the Keoghtom's Ointment that is mentioned ), but it doesn't say anything about the fact that I have cleared the Southern Forest.
    The Royal Canadian

6. The Royal Canadian

Hi Ted
    I just remembered something else. If you are running a NG Party and you talk to Maeri, and decline the "Defiler of Women" quest, you will get attacked by bandits the next time you visit the North Woods. You should find a note ( Signed by " M " ) on one of the bandits ). There is no dialogue option to confront Maeri with the note afterwords.
    The Royal Canadian

7. Leimrey

Leimrey Member

Re: KOTB 1.0.1 release

Dunno if this is the correct thread to do so, but I think I have a bug to report. I have completed the Wishing You a Speedy Recovery quest and am currently working on Who's Raiding The Trading, but I've stumbled upon a roadblock, so to speak.

During the Wishing You a Speedy Recovery quest I have used a female character to charm the Corporal, which allowed me to meet him in his tower, slip a "Love Potion" into his wine and knock him out right beside his bed in his room. Now I'm trying to finish the Who's Raiding The Trading quest and I cannot speak with the Corporal, since the guards at his tower tell me that he has a hangover. I have tried waiting for several days, but the situation has not resolved itself. I have also tried to gain access to his room by force (killed the entrance guards at his tower), but he wasn't there, so I'm at a loss about what to do next.

Interestingly, there was a key to the stables lying in his room exactly at the place where the Corporal lost his consciousness (I put the key back on his unconscious body after getting the saddlebag), maybe the "love potion" was a bit too strong for him? :)

Anyway, is it necessary to speak with the Corporal to finish this quest? I have already spoken with the Bailiff and the Captain and the Corporal is my only remaining lead that I'm aware of. Perhaps it is possible to respawn him through some console command?

8. Shiningted

Wow, someone used the Love potion - fantastic :) I don't remember naming that quest 'wishing you a speedy recovery', but possibly I called it something inane like '2nd Guild quest' and it's been fixed.

His respawn gets a bit dicey after that, there may indeed be a bug, I'll check. The next person to speak to is the Scribe but if you haven't spoken to the corporal it probably won't advance. Try the scribe by day next to the Corporal's tower. If you have no luck I'll slip you the console command to advance it.

9. Shiningted

Yeah, that area is a bit underdeveloped. Maeri is more a 'where the alignment quests are going' character than anything of interest right now. Obviously those two events are connected but other than chatting to the Captain about it (which also doesn't currently lead anywhere much) that's about it.

1) Doesn't overly bother me, since you can just climb straight out the hole you came in, but I guess its a bit of a bug. The insect Mound will be completely redone as part of plot and balance improvements, I'll keep that in mind.

2) Were the scrolls 'reward' scrolls or 'to kill the Queen' scrolls?

3) I think you have to really press the Bailiff for the Ointment, but I'll check. Otherwise, the IQ&P set doesn't replicate the current journal by telling you things like finished quests. I'm not sure about removing redundant information, since I figure once something is written in there, its in there, but it can lead to scenarios where it gives you out-of-date info. I'm open to opinions on its best use.

10. Leimrey

Leimrey Member

Thank you for your reply, but, alas, the scribe has no quest related dialogue for me. I would be really grateful for the console command to advance the quest, I've been having a blast so far and don't want to miss any of the mod's content.

11. The Royal Canadian

Hi Ted
    1.) No problem. I just thought I would point it out ( I thought it had been corrected in an earlier version ).
    2.) The scrolls should have been "Kill the Queen" scrolls ( I already got the reward scrolls for subduing Billy ).
    3.) I don't remember having a dialogue option for "Hey what about the ointment !". I do remember asking for a reward and getting his arrows.

The Royal Canadian

12. Shiningted

Thanks TRC, looks like there is a couple of things confusing others with Billy's reward (I am pretty sure other people have said they didn't get the Ointment).

Historical note - the "The Bailiff will give me Keotoghm's Ointment...." thing was probably the first thing added to the IQ&P set.

Re the scrolls, can you check global_vars[24]? Really that one is straightforward, not sure why it is playing up/.

13. The Royal Canadian

Hi Ted
    I have a few more for you.
    1.) I was doing the "In their Footsteps" quest, when I got into combat with the lizardmen outside their lair. For some reason (I think it was because there was a hostile Lizard at the west end of the map and most of my party was in the middle of the map), the game locked up. No real biggie. I ended up reloading anyway, and didn't have that problem again.
    2.) I talked to Korrac and went with him to the Caves. We killed the first group of Kobalds and rats, and then went to free Korrac's freinds. They said to use the scroll Korrac had, but I was unable to use it. It didn't show up in his radial menu, and when I tried use it from his inventory, I got the "You failed to use this item" message. Not a big deal ( I had my Bard cast an Open Door spell ), but I thought you should know.
    3.) Speaking of the Dwarves: Being the nice guy that I am, I decided to heal Berla ( the wounded dwarf ) when I did, all the Dwarves ( Korrac included ) went hostile and attacked.
    The Royal Canadian

14. The Royal Canadian

Hi Ted
    I just reloaded the save I made after talking with the Bailiff. The logbook shows the Arachnophobia quest as "Completed". When I type: global_vars[24]? it returns a blank line ( no numbers or text ).
    The Royal Canadian

15. The Royal Canadian

Hi Ted
    I've got another one for you. I charged into the Hobgoblin Caves from the Goblin Cave. After I killed the chief, I went into his treasure room and killed the guards there then unlocked the door and moved out into the main compound. I went into the Prison cell and killed the guards. One of the prisoners ( the Man at Arms )went down before I killed the guards. After killing the guards I tried to heal the Man At Arms, but all the prisoners went hostile.
    The Royal Canadian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!