Why Can't Fighters Choose Pelor?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by son_of_liberty, Apr 4, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. son_of_liberty

son_of_liberty Member

So, I came up with a new party composition I want to try. One of which is a FTR 1/ Cleric x. However, My fighter cannot choose Pelor which is my patron of choice for a good cleric. Why is this? I want to take fighter as the first level due to the extra feats a human fighter gets.

2. son_of_liberty

son_of_liberty Member

I have tried typing this:
    game.party[0].stat_base_set(stat_deity,15)

into the cheat screen, but it doesn't work.

3. Zalmoxes

Zalmoxes Forest Guardian

I have asked myself the same question many times. I think any human, regardless the class, within one step of NG should be able to choose Pelor as deity, but hei ho... what you gonna do...
    Anyway, is your fighter in the [0] position (ie the left most character) ? The zero between brakets refere to the position of the character's stat you're changing, where 0 is the leftmost.
    For instance, if your Fighter is in the 3rd position you should have [2], and so on.

4. son_of_liberty

son_of_liberty Member

Yes, he is in the first/0/left most position

5. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

You could start as a cleric, switch to fighter, then back to cleric as a work-round (sorry, no answer on the original question).

6. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

I have tested your console command on the pre-generated NG fighter Regdar and IT DOES WORK:

The statement Worships:Heirenous on the character screen changes to:

Worships Pelor

I then consoled Regdar's wisdom up from 8 (to 18) and increased his XPS to 1000

On leveling up I chose cleric and was offered a skills sub-menu and then a features sub-menu asking me to choose 2 domains from Healing, Good, Sun and Protection

Incidentally how can I type :p (colon followed immediately by capital P) and not get a funny face?

7. son_of_liberty

son_of_liberty Member

Ok, maybe the problem was that I chose "none" as a deity since pelor was not available? I will try again with a chosen deity at start. Thanks.

8. son_of_liberty

son_of_liberty Member

That would cost me a free feat. I prefer to start as a fighter specifically for the extra free feat.

Our Host!