Co8 readme

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by StarScepter, Mar 9, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. StarScepter

StarScepter Member

Would someone provide a link to the Modpack's Readme? There is a prospective user of that mod that wishes to read what all is affected by the mod BEFORE installing said mod. Thanx.

2. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Attached below are the release notes for the Circle of Eight Modpack 8.0.0 New Content Edition (which includes a complete changelog).

If you don't want to play the new content created by the Circle of Eight team, then you can play the standard edition of the Circle of Eight Modpack 8.0.0 (which includes minimal new content created by the Circle of Eight team, but which mostly provides countless bug fixes and rules compliance implementations, including more items and spells and the ability to progress above character level 10 (which was the limit in the vanilla game)).
    Also, the ToEE Front End-X (which is included in the Circle of Eight Modpack but which can be downloaded separately) will allow you to play other modules (such as the soon-to-be-released module The Keep on the Borderlands).

I've played the computer game The Temple of Elemental Evil: A Classic Greyhawk Adventure both with and without the Circle of Eight modpack, and I can report that without the Co8 modpack, the enemy A.I. is pathetic and weak, whereas with the Co8 modpack, the enemy A.I. is considerably more competent and deadly, and the game is one of the best computer games that I have ever played in my entire life, and it is easily the best Dungeons & Dragons computer game ever released to this day!

I would ONLY recommend playing the computer game The Temple of Elemental Evil: A Classic Greyhawk Adventure with the Circle of Eight Modpack because playing the vanilla game makes for a MUCH less satisfying gaming experience!
    Having stated that, the computer game and the Co8 Modpack work best with Windows XP, and using a modern operating system such Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 can cause problems for a lot of players, or even make the game unplayable, so if you are one of those unfortunate players who can't get the Circle of Eight Modpack to work, then you might want to play the vanilla game instead.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  3. Horsesoldier

Horsesoldier Member

When I turned on my computer this morning I got a message on my desktop from Microsoft - No more support for XP after April 1st.

I ran ME for almost 3 years until I absolutely HAD to get XP.

I think this time that interval will be shorter.......

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I have been running Win7 Home Premium for years now and I have to say it's almost like running Winxp but with more ram available.

The mod runs fine for me on Win7, just have to be sure to run as admin.

Our Host!