Circle of Eight Modpack v8 Final General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Pygmy, Sep 16, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Salk

Salk Established Member

Believe me, I've had EXACTLY that kind of impression! ;)

2. Corwyn

Corwyn Gnoll Pincushion

Found a cosmetic error or two in 8.0.1. On the arcane spell list when gaining (choosing) a 4th level spell on level up, the last word in "Lesser globe of invulnerability" is displayed on the line below the first three words -- which then overlaps with the words "Otiluke's Resilient sphere". I don't recall it being like that in the previous versions.

Also, on the skills tab when looking at a specific skill (the points, modifiers, and total) there is a box holding the attribute/ability modifier and immediately to the left is a box (sorta gray) displaying the applicable attribute. The sorta grayed out box is still there, but the applicable attribute (Dex, Int, or whatever) is not displayed in that box as in previous versions.

3. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

I noticed the new XP algorithm seems to cut the XP reward for all characters, even the ones below the party's average level. I'm wondering if this is related to the earlier problem I reported where the lower level characters ended up receiving less XP than the rest of the party.

4. bubbyman

bubbyman Member

Hi Guys great mod!!!!

hey question I cant get 8.0 to launch Im using the anthology version and it gives me a screen error that says my temple.dll is missing but the plain vanilla game is working

any ideas or assistance would be appreciated.

I also get a prompt saying make sure atari patch 2 is installed but I was told that the anthology version is pre patched.

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Hi bubbyman, it sounds like your anti-virus may be interfering with the mod-pack installation.

I suggest that you click on the banner at the top of this page labeled "The Circle of Eight Modpack Explained" and read through it, (especially the part titled The Co8 Guide to Successful Gaming with ToEE) there is a lot of excellent information there that can solve most issues and help to lower the frustration factor. ;)

6. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

In v8.0.1, I've started seeing a problem with completing the Paida quest. If I reunite her with her husband during the day (in his shop) and then talk to her immediately afterward, I get the Temple dialog (as if I were first meeting her), and she rejoins the party. When I subsequently talk to her husband again, the dialog works fine, but she stays in the group. If I then leave the shop and return, there's a Paida clone in a back room in addition to the one in my party. I've never had this problem when reuniting them in the inn.

7. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

That's bizarre. Can you post a save to demonstrate this?

8. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

I've never posted a save before, but here goes nothing...

Attached Files:

9. son_of_liberty

son_of_liberty Member

It works fine if you re-unite them at the inn.

10. Sitra Achara

Can't replicate the problem with the above save... (I bring Paida to valden's, talk to valden, then Paida, she just goes "Good to see you again" as expected)

11. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

I just tried it again: talked to Valden, then Paida, and got the same result. She "shakes off the charm" etc. etc. Could it be a flag problem?

EDIT: I get the same result even after completely quitting out and reloading the save. The only thing I haven't done yet is restart the computer.

Question: Do you tell Valden there's no need for a reward, or go for the 100 gp?

12. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I always tell him to keep it since I had already gotten my "payback" from both girls before I dispelled the magic on them. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

13. Sitra Achara

Worked either way...

Can you check flag 932 after dispelling Paida?

(open console, type game.global_flags[932] )

The flag should be set to 1 once she goes "Oh thank you!". That was the case 3/3 times I tested, two of them with your save.

If it's not, then it must be plain old ToEE General FUBAR Syndrome...

14. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Interesting... in my save, it's 0 before I talk to Valden, 0 after I talk to him, and 1 after I talk to Paida and she rejoins the party. No idea why it's like that, but that looks to be the problem. I suppose that means it's just a flag problem in my game, not a general bug. I guess that means Valden's script doesn't check the flag, but rather Paida's presence in the party. Thanks Sitra!

15. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

Hi, in my latest playthrough (8.0.1) I lost all of the gems from the nodes. Everytime I got one I picked it up and it went automaticely to a slot in the Golde Skull. Afterwards I put the skull back in the miniature chest and when I get it out again: No Gem. I know that crafted items and charged ones are tricky with the chest but the Golden Skull?

Our Host!