Time to Vote!

Discussion in 'Negative Energy Plane' started by Nomad_Wanderer, Sep 28, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Garner

Garner Member

I've tinkered around with Chris Wood's amazing stimpack of fixes, and they look solid.

Hey Chris, how long did it take for your eyes to uncross after all that time looking at protos.tab?

If anyone would like to send me the password for the latest beta of the fixes, I'd be honored to give it a looksee. (jcgarner@charter.n0sp4m.net, you know the bit to ignore)

Speaking as someone who *hasn't* been able to test the betas, as eager as I am to get my grubby hands on them, we don't want to look like a game publisher and rush something out the door, do we? ;)

2. Dan

Dan Brahmin Beholder Veteran

Well, yes and no.

As much as making a complete creation is important here, there are two issues you should not overlook.

One is the simple fact the many people are playing the game, and each day more people buys it. If we release it faster, it can potentially mean more people will enjoy the game to it's fullest.

The second issue is that Troika is probably working on one (We know Huy is), and we want to beat them to it! :)

3. Garner

Garner Member

Hrrrm... just the other day Nomad or Exitium was saying something about how we're NOT in a big race to prove how l33t we are... :confused:

I fully agree that the sooner we can get these fixes out to people, the more people will be able to enjoy the games.

Well, I say "we", but so far I'm just playing catchup to figure out things Chris and Dhoom already know.

Anyways, I'm in favor of a quicker release, but only because everything seems to be working. Not because there's a big race going on.

4. Dan

Dan Brahmin Beholder Veteran

Yes, the race was a joke, you see? :D

5. Garner

Garner Member

oh... um...

er...

Sorry then :)

6. Nomad_Wanderer

Nomad_Wanderer Established Member Veteran

Well, there IS a race, but not for the reasons your thinking.. If we post first, we may be able to sidestep merging with Troika..

I.e. If we send out a build first, huy can download it, and incorporate it into the troika patch..

If we submit after, it will be MUCH more difficult to get both patches to play nicely.

So yea, a race to beat troika, but not for the reasons you're thinking.

nw

Our Host!