Class question for specific char

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Kilkakon, Jan 30, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Kilkakon

Kilkakon Member

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question to ask what you think is the best representation of a character of mine!

This LG/NG guy has mastery over holy lightning and healing. Normally I roll him as a Paladin for the whole holy thing but of course this misses out on throwing lightning bolts at people. :( What do you think would be the best way to go about that? :thumbsup:

Cheers for your time and attention~

2. tomthefighter

tomthefighter Errr......

Well....

IF NG THEN I'd say go Fighter/Druid.

IF LG THEN I'd think you'd have to go Pal/Wiz, or Pal/Sor if you're not too concerned about how alignments and classes are associated ( as per the Class Descriptions ).

The Pal/Sor combo would enjoy the synergistic dependence on Charisma.

Then of course you'd need to be careful on the deity you choose for RP purposes.

YMMV....

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

You might want to keep in mind that if you go with the Pally option that once a Pally levels in another class he can no longer gain any levels in Paladin.

4. nyarlathotep

nyarlathotep Merry Murder Maniac

Also, because of the paladin being a class with access to spells and prior in alphabetical order, the true spellcasting part of your character won't be able to properly use Metamagic Feats.

5. Kilkakon

Kilkakon Member

Thanks for responding!

Is there a diety that has domains on lightning stuff that's good? Going Cleric with a lightning deity would easily work.

Otherwise, as tomthefighter says, probably Paladin/Sorcerer. What sort of level progression would be good there? Pal4/SorcX?

6. tomthefighter

tomthefighter Errr......

You're going to have to do a bit of homework :)

Go through each class's special abilities & examine the level requirements for each. Nobody can really tell you what you'll like the most or are the most effective with.

That all comes down to personal style - that's, in my book, once of the greatest things about any RPG - and I've been at this since D&D was first published ( still have those three tan paperback manuals around here somewhere - is that a good or bad thing? As long as I still have room on a bookshelf I guess ;-)

7. nyarlathotep

nyarlathotep Merry Murder Maniac

8. Kilkakon

Kilkakon Member

Thanks for the link there Nyarlathotep. :D Useful background info, haven't found such a complete spell reference before.

Looks like there isn't very many shock spells in the game, like 4. Air Domain has one, Sorc/Wiz has 3, Druid has 1.

Our Host!