Node slowdown - mod fix

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Bio-Mage, May 26, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Bio-Mage

Bio-Mage Member

Hey everyone... I am new here so apologies if this is a bit old. I am experiencing this tremendous slowdown in the nodes and I wanted to ask if the temple fix I found, which says that helps with this, can be combined with the mods mentioned here. If yes what place in the order suggested in this forum?

Thank you for yout time

2. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

I haven't heard of any such mod. Where did you find it?

3. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

if i remember correctly, certain fixes were made that SLIGHTLY ALLIVATED problem, those were later reproduced in official patches aswell. However, they do not elimate the slowdown, and on many machines, there is no noticeable difference.
    The slowdown is caused by MORE then one reason :)

4. Bio-Mage

Bio-Mage Member

My bad....I think it was the fan fixes that they were refering to in the first place. I found the file in the official site forum but to be honest I was not sure what to make of it.

By the way I am getting a new PC with much higher specs now. Will I get some improvement in those nodes, or is the problem with them beyond hardware configuration? :shock:

5. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Your PC will probably not make much (if any) difference, unless you're current PC is right at the bottom end of the minimum specs to play the game.

6. Bio-Mage

Bio-Mage Member

Thanks Zeb....not exactly good news but I suppose I will have to live with it. I wish they release a patch that deals specifically with this issue. Its well annoying.

7. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Chances of an official patch are zero. Not sure if any fan would be able to hack the code so much to be able to do much, but I doubt it's likely to happen in any case. At least much of the rest of the game is now starting to shine with all the work the modders at Co8 have been doing.

8. Bio-Mage

Bio-Mage Member

True...I can't wait to get my hands on my new computer and this game again. Never finished it in vanila version because of the CTDs, but this time I may actually do it (think i will do the mods straight away actually). I never used any of the mods so I am looking forward to see the good work that is done for this game. Well done to everyone is all I can say.... ;)

Our Host!