Bursts not stacking right on bows?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by ErikModi, Jan 17, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. ErikModi

ErikModi Member

So, I noticed during one playthrough (that I had to quit and restart for various reasons) that when I gave my weapons Holy, Axiomatic, Shocking Burst, and Icy Burst, only one of the bursts was dealing damage. New playthrough, crafted same again, but this time I'm carefully looking at damage, and noting that while my melee attackers are dealing Cold and Electricity Damage, my archers are only dealing Cold. All weapons are the same enchantment (+3, Holy, Axiomatic, Shocking Burst, Icy Burst), and no other damage-increasing effects are in play. All bows are Str 18 Composite. I have tested a crossbow or sling yet.

Anyone else noticing this?

2. ErikModi

ErikModi Member

Huh, further detail. The enemies I was initially attacking were Temple Bugbears in the 4th level. Hitting some Elementals deeper in the level, and bows were getting both damage types applied correctly.

3. Corwyn

Corwyn Gnoll Pincushion

Odd. Perhaps are your archers doing other types of damage, for example, are they Rogues also doing sneak attack damage sometimes?

If it happens again, check the Damage Roll dialogue box to see what factors and types of damage are being applied.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  4. ErikModi

ErikModi Member

My archers are a Wizard, Sorcerer, and Bard. No other damage effects in play, been checking the roll log.

It seems somehow related to enemy type. I haven't been doing exhaustive research, but it seems like against half the enemies (with no noted elemental immunities, or elemental immunities that aren't a factor, like fire) the bows add both, and against the other half they only add one.

Our Host!