Why not combine Co8 and Liv's mod, as well as all the current patch files?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by lexb123, May 25, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. lexb123

lexb123 Member

Victory is mine!

Chucks crumbly shurikens of rabies infested death at Lord_Spike. Damn. You won the battle, but the war is far from over.

Btw how is it working for you with Patch 3 and the fixes? I was told patch 3 only fixes 1 issue...

2. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Well...

...it was sketchy the first time through. Had A LOT of wierd, non-reproducable bugs, especially related to video, like invisible characters, missing terrain overlays in the nodes, see through objects (sort of ghostly). It went away on my next run through, though. Everything seemed normal after that, but the weirdness led to it being shunned by many. I reported extensively on it at the Atari site. Actually, I'm not so sure it wasn't something related to my failing to re-install an AGP driver on my system following a re-format. It works ok now, and I'm waiting to start a new party once Liv's stuff is ready for release as part of the next Co8 package.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ummm, your Lordship, may i ask one itty bitty teeny weeny question...

WHY!??!?!

4. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

When I do a clean instal I always do:

Atari Patch #1
    Atari Patch #2
    Co8 fan fix
    My own Mod changes

Maybe doing Atari Patch #1 isn't necessary, but it takes 1 minute to do it, so I don't see the point in skipping it.

- Livonya

5. Lord_Spike

Simple...

...so that everything old will be new once again. So many changes are being made in such a rapid succession that I don't really want to have to go back to the beginning every week just to catch all the coolness. I am quite patient, and a little wait never hurt anyone. Besides, I can only play this so much, and I don't really wish to become bored with it just yet. My true passion is PnP...but alas, that hasn't happened in about a year.

6. lexb123

lexb123 Member

Hehe

PnP is great. Get a group of 8+ people; get beer and junk food and you’re set.

But to tell you the truth, TOEE is THE ONLY game out there that actually captures some PnP. Yeah, a lot of people argue that NWN does as well, but I just don't like the real time turn based crud. Now if TOEE had a multiplayer option, we would be set.

Speaking of that, how hard would it be to add multiplayer to TOEE? Does the engine have some basic support for it? I thought in an interview I read they said that if they release another game, it would have multiplayer because its easy to implement with this engine... (Hell, they added multiplayer to Deus Ex, and people said it couldn’t be done.)

I could be wrong of course.

7. Lord_Spike

Now THAT...

...would be something...a multiplayer game with all the personalities here. Gimme a two-handed sword, some full plate, and I'll hold the line.

Get another guy to be the talker, I just want to rock...

8. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I'd join your game lord spike, I'd play a 1/2 elf monk/rogue and do the talking if need be, I just wanna sneak attack with Shuriken cookies, then enter the fray with my flaming holy katana +1!

9. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

umm
    woof woof

10. 0rion79

0rion79 Established Member

I would glady do the wizard, cleric or paladin ^_^ But NOT the item crafter...

11. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

I would probably be a Wizard depending on what material were allowed. Oh, wait, you mean ToEE! I would be an Evoker or a Sorcerer. Go fireball!

-EE

12. dolio

dolio Established Member Supporter

Patches 1 & 2

I don't see how patch 2 could contain everything from patch 1. Patch 1 is significantly larger than patch 2 (8 MB vs. 5 MB).

Unless they forgot to compress the first one.

13. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Troika forget something so simple? Naaaaaaaa... <must behave, repeat 2 self, MUST behave>

As for Spike's party, well, paladin? Monk? Cleric? Anything holy will do me. I can bring my own habit :) "Kill them all, God will know his own!!!"

14. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

lol id join in.....1/2 orc barbarian, 1/2 elf ranger, or maybe an elven mage/thief......heck ive play most of the classes and races at one point :)

15. lexb123

lexb123 Member

Hmm

Nope, both patches are compressed to the max. I tried it with Winrar (Unzipping all files, recompressing.)

So by that test, the 2 patches are indeed different.

Our Host!