Circle of Eight Modpack v8 Final General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Pygmy, Sep 16, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Another problem I just ran into in 8.0.1: if a character is low on health and poisoned in the fight with Zuggtmoy, there's no chance to neutralize it before being whisked away to Verbobonc, resulting in the unavoidable death of the character (and no chance to loot certain things). Is there any way to delay the whisking away until you try to leave her dungeon level?

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Why do they die?

The whisking away is best as done now, mainly just because some people become ... easily confused and don't know what to do if you don't do it for them.

3. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Zuggtmoy summoned two Vrock that multiply poisoned my priest, who ended the fight with 4 hp. I was moving to drink a potion of neutralize poison when the slides kicked in, then I landed in Verbobonc with a stack of messages in the roll window ending with "[Priest] dies".

4. Gaear

Not sure why he'd die though ... iirc that's a straight teleport, not a travel time lapse thing.

5. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

My guess is that the slides and teleport "ended" the poison effects, implementing their secondary damage.

6. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Running 8.0.1 noticed two issues thus far.

1) The drow leader in the witch's sister quest still does not drop armor.
    2) I am unable to find the Lord of Verb. I go to his office during the day and he is not there. I go to his home at night, he is not there. I am assuming his home is the one with human guards in front of it near the gnome quarter.

7. Gaear

Did you talk to the Captain in city hall first? He has to arrange it.

8. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

I believe so. I know I have talked to him but maybe not a specific dialogue option.

Also, I noticed that Wonillion (gnome in Temple) does not take his scroll when you find it and return it to him with his crossbow.

9. tomthefighter

tomthefighter Errr......

Reactive temple failure - NC 8 patch 1

No trap in harpy room. Missing barricades at entrances to 1st level alter room ( the one with the earth elementals in it. ) Also ogre cheiftain was located in old room with the gnolls.

Option to "Clear Game Cache" is "ON".

Is there a bit I can flip to "turn on" the reactive temple?

Thanks in advance!

10. Forgalz

Forgalz Established Member

Does he ever take it? All I ever got is that he insisted I keep it.

11. Gaear

I'd go chat with him again.

12. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Talking to the captain fixed it. Thanks Gaear.

On another note, I was searching the sewers and found the lizard guy. My PC asked about the Hextor priests, before she knew that they existed in the burnt church. I did go into the burnt church but was stopped by the guard. Just a small thing.

13. Salk

Salk Established Member

I don't know if this is of any interest but there is a typo in the final vignette of the tutorial. "who's" should be "whose".

14. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

I'm getting a dialogue bug with Wonnilon. He never advances past his initial conversation options. Every subsequent attempt I talk to him I get the "just met" talks.

Attached Files:

15. Salk

Salk Established Member

Hello!

After waiting for the final version of the Co8 mod to be out, I decided to finally play Temple of Elemental Evil and, hopefully, give some feedback and receive answers.

I am playing the Standard edition.

First impressions:

1) I installed the game following the instructions: Official Patch 1, Official Patch 2, Co8 8.0.0 then Co8 8.0.1. The frontend still reports I am using 8.0.0. Is it normal? I noticed that 8.0.1 can be added as Add-on. Is that how I am supposed to make it "active"?

2) I am using the option to have 6 PCs as opposed to the max 5 PCs available in the non modded game. When adding PCs to the party though, there is not a sixth slot showing the portrait for the sixth recruited PC. I guess it's not possible to extend the number of empty slots beyond 5?

3) When I open a chest, I do it from afar (several feet away) instead of the character moving close to the object itself. To make matter worse, it's sometimes possible to check the content of a chest from the other side of a wall. Wouldn't it be possible to change it so that the character really needs to place himself in front of a chest to open it?

4) I am in the Shop Map and I am a bit at loss about items that do not indicate what they do. I am speaking, for instance, of items such as Holy Water, Thieves tools, Scholar's/Healer's kits, Smokestick, Lockslip grease, etc. etc. While I can understand that veteran players know perfectly well what such items are good for, it'd be so much better if there was a descritption for them.

5) Some descriptions (ex. Power Attack) are so long that words don't find space in the description window, making it look very ugly. I guess there's nothing that can be done about it?

I'll probably have more questions for you veteran players/modders later on. I only played the game before several years ago with an earlier version of the Co8 mod and admittedly, I have forgotten much so I apologize if these questions have already been answered to before and if my issues have been already addressed somewhere else.

Our Host!