Please help, bug! :-(

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by headhunter, May 27, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. headhunter

headhunter Member

I was playing my happy little IRONMAN game with my level 10 characters, and suddenly, the game crashed on area transition.

Now, when I see my saved game, the thumbnail shows them in the village, but the text says "entering the unknown area" or whatever, which is what it says or the area transition in the wilderness when it crashed.

Now when I try to load this saved game, it crashes to the desktop.

Is there ANY way to edit the saved game to set their starting area? :-( Or is there another solution?

2. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

There is a save game editor (Ki Rin started a thread within a minute of you posting this on the same subject).

It may not help you, but it's worth a shot with an ironman game (backup first might be a good plan ;) ).

Otherwise I can't think of a solution if you can't even get the save game loaded.

3. Ki Rin

Ki Rin Member

UGH dont play ironman mode. it offers nothing that normal mode doesnt have.. and is just a head ache.

4. headhunter

headhunter Member

Well, all I need in order to fix this game is a way to set the starting location of my party, but without having to load the game up first.

Maybe some way to edit a file to set where they start at?

5. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

Play MANUAL IRONMAN mode. You play in normal mode, but according to ironman rules (no reloading an earlier save if you messed up). Earlier saves are a must in EVERY game to protect you from bugs.

Our Host!