WotGS patrol bug?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by twisty, Dec 14, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. twisty

twisty Morose Marauder

I have cleared every bad guy from the map in WotGS but when I return to Ariakas he claims that I haven't defeated the Eastern patrol. There is no remaining fog in the East and a complete sweep of the area didn't reveal any stragglers.

Does anyone know what the console command is to complete the Eastern Patrol? (fyi playing 8.01)

2. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Moderators should create a comprehensive list of console commands in completing, specific quests. In agreement to the use of command (not forcing anyone), the player will describe, what 'bug' he/she encountered in his/her play-through - this will consolidate the 'bugged quests' effectively in one thread. The player should also provide the version of modpack he/she is using.

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Or, a person could use the search feature and usually find what they're looking for. ;)

If someone would like a list of all the "Cheat Codes" all they would need to do is look here TOEE Game Guide and Walkthrough, Gazra_1971 has done a fantastic job on this, the codes start in section 1.23 I believe.

A thing to remember is that when altering quest states you will need to enter these two commands first and separately.

from co8 import* and loc()

And please remember that using console commands incorrectly is the leading cause of TOEE wonkyness.

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Have you checked behind and under trees?

I have to really look hard to find them sometimes when they are hidden by the trees.

A good method of searching can be hitting the C key, (enter combat) and then cast an area effect spell. While targeting with the spell you can move it around and the foes will show up as circles and MUCH easier to see.

5. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Thanks for pointing it out (and the link), Sirchet. :)

6. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

The War of the Golden Skull: Defender quest worked perfectly when I did it in Co8 Modpack version 7.9 NC. twisty, are you ABSOLUTELY sure that you have checked EVERY square inch of the Hommlet map? Because I returned to Ariakas (thinking that I had completed The War of the Golden Skull) only to be told by Ariakas that one of the Eastern groups hadn't been dealt with yet. Sure enough, when my party explored to the northeast of Burne's Guard Tower, I discovered the last group of Hextorites that were near the eastern edge of the map (along the road).

There's also a group of Hextorites that move backwards and forwards along the road between Burne's Guard Tower and Kenter Nevets' Town Defense. There's also a group of Hextorites just to the south of Burne's Guard Tower.

7. twisty

twisty Morose Marauder

Thanks for your info Gazra, but yes I've spent ages painstakingly going backwards and forth in those locations to no avail. I also went back to all of the other areas out of frustration. In the end I went back to an earlier save and the problem went away.

8. Shawee

Shawee Member

This was also a bug back in one of the older mod packs. And it was also involved with the eastern patrol. The eastern patrol did not spawn the correct number of hex soldiers for the WOTG event. I think it was short one hextorite. I simply used the cheat code and spawned the extra soldier. I am not saying you do this because you could very well just missed a hextorite behind a tree, but find it interesting that your issue is with the eastern patrol.

Our Host!