How do you play your druid with the AC revamp with Co8 mod?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by nvidejay, Jul 2, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Heh heh, I think bugbears hate everything.

2. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

My current druid had a Jackal AC who was a useful auxilliary fighter initially, but needed more and more looking after as I advanced and eventually was killed somewhere in the lower reaches of the temple. As by that stage my druid was capable of summoning a practically endless stream of natural allies, in addition to spiky stones, lightning and pillars of fire, I didn't bother replacing her.

3. Goshi3156

Goshi3156 Dire Badger

Especially casters... to the point they'll stop at nothing to try and attack one.

4. scramjetbooster

scramjetbooster Blasted Nerfherder

Even more casters that look like polar bears..

5. sirchet

I like to use they're obsession with tripping casters to lure them into a gauntlet of AoO's between my melee classes with combat reflexes. ..... Oh look, a wizard out there all by herself ...... WACK WACK WACK .... Next set of bugbears: Oh look, a wizard .... Heh heh heh

6. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

I like Phantasmal Killer for those miniature giants called greater temple bugbear leaders- works wonders it does...:yes:

7. Goshi3156

Goshi3156 Dire Badger

I've mentioned it before, but they're often victims to my Wizard's Ghoul Touch spells. Often falling after a Coup de Grace... from my Wizard ;)

8. ithildur

ithildur Established Member

Ugh, please for the love of... don't use that website as reference; much of the content is homebrewed and confuses people.

Use this:

http://www.d20srd.org/
    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/druid.htm#theDruidsAnimalCompanion

9. sirchet

The page I posted has a link on it showing the SRD as the reference for the listings. I use this site because it has a nice way of making things easier to understand for everyone.

I have not found any of what you call home brewed rules and such, merely a different interpretation than you choose to follow.

It IS a good reference and the information has to be proven, or it asks for a reference.

Please look deeper into something before condemning a source.

10. Barles

Barles Member

Just a note on AC's "new" behavior...I think I'm loving it. They do need some love, but this is easily provided. With a wizard and a druid in the party:

Mage Armor, Barkskin, Greater Magic Fang, Stoneskin.

Pop these on a polar bear, and you have yourself a mean killing machine. I also have my druid memorize one or two animal growth spells to turn him into a hulking murderer for difficult encounters. Add haste to the mix and...well, it's just even more brutal. After the four main buffs are applied to the bear, your druid can pretty much sit back and do nothing, and STILL be doing its job. Thowing the occasional heal on the dumb thing will keep it alive to do more killing for group. In rare event that it does die, summon another tomorrow.

11. Mouldyrye

Mouldyrye Member

Buffing is the key to survival. Mage armor, magic fang/GMF, barkskin, cat's grace, bull's strength, bear's endurance, haste. I've posted a set of stats for a high level jackal version 8.01 and some opinions in another thread about the "animal companion problem". Stat sets for other companions at various levels would be helpful.

Edit: Shield of faith helps also.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
Our Host!