Co8 New Content: Hickory Branch

Discussion in 'New Content Subdirectories' started by Gaear, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Bar-B-Q'd celestial dire chicken wings with Blue Cheese Sauce for one. :yes:

2. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

Where do you get the sauces? lol

3. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

"We found his
    phylactery
    with a reasonable searching effort (there are actually not so many places that are somewhat hidden, yet accessible)."

Ah, so it is possible to find the
    you-know-what
    . I had a brief look and couldn't find it (my initial reaction to the threat of a lone baddie coming back to life to attack my party of 20th level spellcasters tends towards "splendid, XP farm ahead" rather than fear, so I didn't look very hard..).

4. Kapacha2089

Kapacha2089 Member

***SPOILER ALERT***
    After picking up Captain Asaph's quest to look out for the missing Ranger around the Kron Hills and finding her in the general area and accepting her order. I headed back to Verbobonc to gather my resources. I created a teleportation portal to Hickory Branch for Nighttime use, from the Castle of the Lords' Tower Portal Room. Now, the question I have is, when the party uses the teleportation portal, it transports the party immediately to the spot adjacent to the major combined mass force of bugbears, giants, gnolls, ogres & orc archers & spellcasters, is that the only spot it will teleport the party to or are there other random Hickory Branch locations? Why? I was expecting the party to be teleported outside Hickory Branch along the road leading up the Hill Giant Sergeant.

5. tom

tom Established Member

I got attacked by the invisible phantom on exiting Humungus's cave. I had a true seeing active and cast an invisibility purge but did not reveal anything. It only hit me once or twice then stopped.

6. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

I finally made it to Hickory branch in my 7.9 play through, and just finished scouting the map invisibly. Wow! Gaear, you really outdid yourself this time! I'm actually looking at all those troops and wondering if 18th level is high enough to take them all on. Bravo!

7. Forgalz

Forgalz Established Member

Is this supposed to be a phantom, or is it a bug?

8. BenWH

BenWH BGPHughes

One thing that I meant to comment on. If you clear out Hungous and then use the world map once you have exited, you never see the lich bit of HC, which is a bit of a shame. Any way to make that more obvious?

9. Hugh Manetee

Hugh Manetee Established Member

Finally made it to the new HB.
    Wow that was fantastic.
    Congradulatons too everyone who worked on it.

10. chano

chano Established Member

I have walked around the map with true seeing and searched everywhere to find the box/phylactery.
    Do i have to see it myself or will my characters find it?

11. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Are you absolutely sure about this?

Highlight the text below to see what I experienced, possible spoiler ...

I cleared everyone but the Lich, (he was not there) and went back to report in at Verbobonc and was told someone was left. I went back and the only one there was the Lich and his gaurds.

12. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

In my last playthrough I had to see it myself. It is quite small but not as hard to see as the swamp lotus or the "child toy" at Imeryds Run. I used the walkthrough to see the possible places and it still took me 10-15 minutes to find it

13. BenWH

BenWH BGPHughes

Possibly you're right. I did it in 8.00 and I had the other bug where I had dual reps - one saying I had killed all 8 comanders, and the other saying I had killed only 1, so none of that dialogue was working for me properly - thus I did not go back.

14. Barles

Barles Member

From some of the posts in this thread the new hickory branch stuff seems awesome! I'm having a problem accessing it though. My party members are all lvl 14 and I don't want to level any more before I get to do it. So far, I've completed the white dragon and the slavers quests. Is there anything more I need to do to access the new HB?

15. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Hickory Branch becomes accessible after you have completed the 'Season of the Witch' quest (i.e. the Moathouse Respawn).

Read (use) Captain Asaph's note that you receive by checking the noticeboard at the Verbobonc sign post. Then while travelling on the world map, you will eventually get a random encounter with a Ranger who (upon talking to her) will add the location of Hickory Branch to your world map.

Our Host!