Circle of Eight Modpack v8 / v8 NC Bug Report Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by BenWH, Sep 23, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. BenWH

BenWH BGPHughes

FIXED

I thought I'd better start a new thread for v8 to remove the legacy discussions...

Version: 8.0 NC

Lareth bugged - does not start proving grounds.

To reproduce: pick up the cloaks in the moathouse, talk to the guards outside Lareth's residence, say you want to talk to the master. On talking to Lareth, he joins the party. Decline to travel straight to the proving grounds (I am not sure if accepting works, but I declined first time around). Thereafter, click on talk, and he will ask again. If you accept, he will take you to the ogre cave entrance, but on entry there is nothing there, and you can endlessly ask Lareth to take you to the proving grounds, thus reappearing outside.

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

SA recently released a fix for this but I'm on my freaking iPad and linking is a pain. :)

3. BenWH

BenWH BGPHughes

4. BenWH

BenWH BGPHughes

I posted this somewhere else, but Vampiric Tough is still bugged (wrong damage and no temporary HPs).

There are also some bugs in the temple factions: as an example; if you play evil and get taken down to the fire temple (via Rentsch), when you work for some of the other temples the salamanders will attack you in the main fire temple, even though you can still talk to Allrem. Don't recall if this was the case before.

Another example: if you are working for multiple temples at once, and have the vial of unholy water from Kelno, you are attacked as soon as you enter the Earth Temple (even in Brown Robes, and if you are also working for Romag). I am not sure that is intentional, but then other parts of the fire realm are very reticent about attacking you - sometimes they do, and sometimes only when you walk right up to them.

5. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Crashes:

In v8, I suddenly started having crashes, after using it a while without a hitch. It crashes at the 'initializing scripts' phase.

I copied all the files to a duplicate folder, and now the new folder loads up fine, and the old one still crashes. :shrug:

6. sirchet

I've had quite a few crashes when entering the broken tower at the moat-house, (where the spider lives).

10 out of 10 tries crashed.

I loaded an older save and no crash, probably just a corrupt save but thought it worth mentioning.

7. Sitra Achara

Can you up load the save where it crashes?

8. sirchet

Yes I could load the save I made from just outside the broken tower, but upon entering the tower I crashed.

I loaded a save from just before I fought the frogs and entered without a hitch.

9. Sitra Achara

I meant upload the file here :) (stupid cell phone split the word into two)

10. sirchet

Sorry, but no I can't. As soon as I thought it corrupt I deleted it so I wouldn't accidentally save again on the same spot.

There have been no crash issues for me since then.

And I feel your pain about posting on mobile devices, this iPad has a mind of it's own. ;)

11. BenWH

BenWH BGPHughes

FIXED

Some oddities in the 8.01 harpy fight:

1. The ghouls were able to run happily through the closed grate to attack my party members in the corridor (which did them no favours at all!)

2. I could in no way interact with the grate after the combat was finished - neither to 'talk' to it nor to attack - though it was still giving me jammed messages when I attempted to walk through it. I got out using the new portable map, otherwise I would have been trapped in there!

12. Harvash

Harvash Member

NOT REPRODUCEABLE

Got a little behind in checking for updates, but we were very excited to see the release of V8.

Seems everything is working except for one issue with Drag & Drop icons.

When I move an item, the cursor is not replaced by the item icon - the functionality is there but not the image. This makes it really difficult to see if you are moving things appropriately.

Also related, casting a spell no longer has the cursor as little wand - it is just like above, no image, no cursor.

Tried changing resolutions and checking graphics card settings, no dice.

13. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

FIXED

00262burne_apprentice.dlg has a typo in line 130. There is one instance where it erroneously states "three days" instead of the correct "four days":

14. theruler

theruler Member

NOT A BUG

help.tab

It seem Dominate monster spell is erroneously associated to TAG_SPELLS_SUGGESTION

Code:
    TAG_SPELLS_SUGGESTION	TAG_SPELLS		TAG_SORCERER_9 TAG_WIZARD_9	Dominate Monster	~Enchantment~[TAG_MAGIC_SCHOOLS_ENCHANTMENT] (Compulsion) (Mind-Affecting)Level: ~Sorcerer~[TAG_SORCERERS]/~Wizard~[TAG_WIZARDS] 9Components: V, SCasting Time: 1 ~round~[TAG_ROUND]Range: CloseTarget: One creatureDuration: 1 day/ levelSaving Throw: ~Will~[TAG_WILL] negatesSpell Resistance: YesSubjects resist this control, and any subject forced to take actions against its nature receives a new saving throw with a +2 bonus.  Obviously self-destructive orders are not carried out.  Once control is established, the range at which it can be exercised is unlimited, as long as you and the subject are on the same plane.  You need not see the subject to control it.~Protection From Evil~[TAG_SPELLS_PROTECTION_FROM_EVIL] or a similar spell can prevent you from using the telepathic link while the subject is so warded, but such an effect neither prevents the establishment of domination nor dispels it.

And Suggestion spell (TAG_BARD_2 TAG_SORCERER_3 TAG_WIZARD_3) is missing.

15. Salk

Salk Established Member

FIXED

Otello in Hommlet is an NPC I have been just talking to. Problem is: the dialogue is obviously meant to be for night time. It was 3:50 PM when I encountered him by Filliken's house. Talking to him again in his house opens up new dialogue options if I just go out and meet him (he must be able to teleport himself) snooping around where I can accuse him of stealing from Filliken. Obviously this is part of some quest that never started (I can report him to Filliken which, allegedly, complained about somebody stealing from him).

There are thus two problems:

1) The quest is accessible at the wrong time (should be mentioned ONLY after Cupid's Arrow's quest is completed)

2) Otello is out during day time

Please, can the mod's mainteiners confirm/comment on these issues and those reported by Murlynd?

Also, since I am at it, I'd like to ask if things like missing long descriptions and long descriptions going beyond the window's frame are considered very minor problems, since they are still present in the latest Co8 mod which, in some way, should be considered final.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
Our Host!