API functions

Discussion in 'Negative Energy Plane' started by Zaph0d, Sep 28, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Zaph0d

Zaph0d Member

Python TOEE functions

Hi everyone.
    I've been monitoring the forum for couple of days now, and it seems you've been hanging around the subject of MODs, but never actually programming anything new to the game.

From a quick browse at the EXE (simple text viewer, no disassembly... yet...) I gather there are tons of keywords there that looks like python functions (can't think of anything else they could be used, since this exe doesn't exports anything outside (like DLLs)).

Has anyone made a succesful attempt at a function NOT in original game python files / not in the way used in the python files? I'm not talking about minor change (values/order/copy+paste lines), but actually create/totaly modify something.

Has anyone managed to dechiper the way te function API is made? is there a hidden reference for it? Is ther a way to know what is a function and what's not (in the EXE file) and how to use (parameters) each function?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2003
  2. Chris Woods

Chris Woods Member

Once you scan the toee.exe for text strings it is pretty easy to do a text search of all the .py files to get examples of the methods in use. From there, you can deduce what each function does and how to use it. Utilities.py is also a good spot to see some of the toee.exe functions used heavily.

Chris Woods

3. Zaph0d

Zaph0d Member

I already did that.
    Apperently, there are tons of functions that are in the EXE that are not used ANYWHERE in the py files.

Our Host!