Quests involving the Traders

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Zagig, Oct 23, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Zagig

Zagig Member

Okay, I've been playing around with the different quests about the Traders being spies. I found the spy in the castle construction, waited until I could talk to the courier about the Traders (which took a while as I don't have a dedicated mouthpiece), talked to the Traders and got a magic shortsword out of them, talked to Burne to complete both the Agent and Traders Revealed quests, sold Lareth's boots to trigger the assassin, killed the assassin, talked to Burne to start the Retribution quest, and talked to the Traders (who denied sending the assassin) to finish the Retribution quest. Then I attacked and killed the Traders to get all their loot. If I were a lower level I would have let one escape so as to have them attack me in Nulb. I'm just wondering if something else happens if you let the Traders live. Burne says he will report them to the village council, but that doesn't seem to do anything. Is this the end of the Traders line of quests (except the assassination quests that Gremag gives to evil parties)?

Also, the Traders Revealed quest only shows as Mentioned in my logbook even though I've talked to the Traders. Anyone know if I missed something that caused that?

2. Zagig

Zagig Member

Nevermind, I figured it all out.

3. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Expanding the Traders was one of my first mods :) I was a little overambitious with it at the time, and had to scrap it due to lack of time back then. (I've posted an alpha version at the time, but it's probably no longer compatible with the modpack)

4. Zagig

Zagig Member

Really, I didn't know this wasn't the vanilla version. Its a shame you had to scale it back because what is there was so much fun to play around with. I like to try to figure out the options as I play, and maybe even the optimal way to play things out, and it was a lot of fun doing that. Thanks you Sitra!!

On a side note, I think the notes in the Game Guide are wrong for what you must and must not do to achieve the various quests. Should I post what I figured out?

5. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Ah, just to be clear, most of the existing scripting is Livonya's (I've only added some touches). But it's not vanilla, you got that right.

What I was referring to is the 'report to council' business (which currently does nothing).

Our Host!