Strange bug with Ronald and other questions

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by oudeis, Oct 22, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. oudeis

oudeis Member

Most of these have probably been answered already- several times- but I can't find the right combination of keywords to get a workable set of results, so...

• issue deleted- problem due to user error
    • issue deleted- problem with RW solved by reading another thread
    • Do diseases ever go away on their own? Half my party have the cooties flag even though there's no stat effect. Will it cause problems if I just use the console to remove the status?
    • Are potion supposed to stack? When I first started my current game they didn't but then I was working in a PCs inventory and I noticed that health potions at the least had suddenly started to stack up on their own.
    • If potions are supposed to do this, is there a tweak that allows Goodberries to do the same? What about small throwing weapons like darts?
    • Is it possible to change item weights? I'd like to make the various cloaks, capes and hats so they are lighter. What would happen to my saved games if I changed the properties of equipped items? While we're on the subject, how would I make this change? I can't find clothing in protos.tab.
    • Didn't there used to be a way to delay your action in combat? I don't mean the ready vs [?] radial. Sometimes I want to hold off on using a spell or whatever until I see what happens with opportunity attacks in combat and suchlike. The last time I played was back in May of '11 with ModPack 6.02 and I have an extremely vague memory about dragging PC portraits to a different spot in the initiative order or something. I can't swear that it was even ToEE where I saw this but I thought there was a way to do it.
    • What are the current recommended levels for the new content quests? I'm sure the answer is in the relevant threads but I avoid those for deathly fear of spoilers.
    • The underscore: Why do programmers use it? What's wrong with the simple dash? No need to hold the shift key, just BAM! and you're done. I :censored: hate having break my typing flow to reach for the shift in the middle of long stretches of text.

PS- Ronald is a stud. I went with a Druid in place of a Cleric because I don't really like the class but the man has saved my party's ass time and again. Thank Cuthbert you all thought to give him a missile weapon feat as well. Nice work!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  2. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Yes you can change the item weights via protos.tab (using World Builder), your save game is completely safe from modding alterations. Anyway, look for "prototype tab" hold ctrl+t to do a search task. You can find the cloth by opening C:\Atari\ToEE\data\mes "description.mes", ctrl+f, enter the name of the cloth. If you found it then good, next step is to take note of the number, ex. {6339}{Mithral Plate}, now in World Builder let's search the # 6339 and there it is! The item weight should be there too, don't forget to "Save all". And lastly copy the modified protos.tab file in your game directory i.e. C:\Atari\ToEE\data\rules, overwrite it. Start the game, load your save game. That's it. If you want to restore protos.tab, extract it from "Circle of Eight Modpack 8.0.0 New Content.tfm."

3. oudeis

oudeis Member

I found the command to unbotch a quest but I don't know where to find the number for the quest. Any help gratefully accepted.

4. Corwyn

Corwyn Gnoll Pincushion

Diseases will go away after successful CN checks. The flag will disappear, although if it doesn't after your stats are back to normal, try exiting the current screen/area.

Potions will stack after they are all identified. One un-identified potion will probably prevent the others from stacking.

Delaying initiative is as simple as dragging your portrait -- to the right, only.

For a good Quest order to follow, find a list in the Game Guide and Walkthrough sticky by Gazra. But whether you are successful at the different quests might depend more on the strategies you use.

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

And remember, most diseases require you to pass two saving throws, (Constitution) in a row to recover from the disease.

6. oudeis

oudeis Member

I've had these diseases for many days now and nothing's changing. The ability damage has gone away, so this isn't affecting gameplay, it's just annoying seeing those little pips underneath the character portraits.

As for my question about goodberries, can anybody clue me in?

edit- found quest codes

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  7. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

What can happen with a disease is that your character could pass one of the CN rolls but fail the other, meaning that he is still diseased but he doesn't take any stat damage because he passed one of the rolls.

On the next set of rolls he could fail both and then all of a sudden get hit with stat damage.

I bet if you scroll back through the rolls you might see where he failed one save and passed another, that is if you haven't changed locations since the last roll because changing locations clears out the roll history.

An easy way to see this is to go to an Inn and rest, then check the roll history, rest, then check the roll history, over and over until you have two sets of rolls in the history.

When he does pass two rolls in a row the tag will go away.

Our Host!