ToEE 10 Year Anniversary Thread: 9/16/2003 - 9/16/2013

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by XVicious, Sep 15, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. tomthefighter

tomthefighter Errr......

10 Years !

Wow

I started lurking about some time around Mod Pk 5 I guess.

Can't begin to express my gratitude for all of your hard work.

What will happen to these forums now that we've reached the end?

And what will happen to the "Cooking" thread?

... Wow .... got .. a bit emotional there for a second.

Cheers

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Yeah, I started to comment after Sitra, but I didn't like where I was going either. I'm going to shut up NOW, too. :)

3. Nomad_Wanderer

Nomad_Wanderer Established Member Veteran

Has it really been 10 years?

Wow.

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Hey Nomad! Always cool when the elders drop by. :thumbsup:

5. Nomad_Wanderer

Nomad_Wanderer Established Member Veteran

Elder? Not me..

GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPER

6. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

zhuge here. Yes I'm back after 10 years... jeez has it really been so long.
    Yes I guess it has... so long till I forgot my password and login and somehow messed up my log in name too. Yea, that messed up ;p

First off, would like to thank Sitra for bringing ['cough' dragging 'cough'] me back so earnestly and enthusiastically. It feels good to see old friends. As a saying goes, many things are great when new but 3 things are better old, old wood is good to burn, old wine is good to drink and most of all old friends are good to keep. And I certainly see familiar faces, Nomad!! Agetian!! Gaear!! and many others :D Gonna try to hunt for Phalzyr, Ausir, Exitium, Dhoom as well xD

Big kudos to Gaear and others who kept the torch burning long after some of us got our lives consumed by that monster called RL or simply moved on to other things. Been in a good couple of work projects in my life since then and a variety of games, including World of Warcraft, Heroes of Might and Magic V, Dragon Age and many more. Actually still playing some form of D&D in Neverwinter Online (very loosely based on 4e). Yes its been long when the games have changed edition lol.

So this is just a hello from me. And sorry I've been away for so long. I give permission to use any and all fixes and mods I may have done for free of course. I make no promises to be fully active and contributing as before. Hell I don't even have ToEE installed on my new computer at the moment. Hope I can still find the CD lol.

Once again, thx to all who kept this place running and while I may lurk mostly for the time being, its simply fantastic to see all of you again :)

Oops missed the password reset mail sent to me. This is just to say the post above from that guy was me ;p
    And thx for the reset :)

Now I have 10 years of back dated forum reading to do lol. Might take me a long while methinks. xD

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Great to see you zhuge. I guess things have come full circle. :hug:

8. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Welcome! (I'm starting to feel like a necromancer here ;) )

See if you can find the other oldies lurking in the shadows here...

9. J'allan UlDragos

J'allan UlDragos Dragon Warrior

10 YEARS!!!! wow.

the 'FINAL' modpack has finally arrived ... gotta download this thing! THANK YOU to all involved that have brought Co8 and TOEE to this point in time, with all of the love and time and hard work invested in getting it to this point.

HUZZAH! Job Well Done.

Now, i need to go round up my adventuring party for just one more trip into Hommlett...

10. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

10 years!!

Couldn't miss the event :)

11. silo25

silo25 Established Member

on one hand im sad its over!!

12. maalri

maalri Immortal

Well, it is not over.

We are just celebrating our Birthday!

Many more good years (and mods- just no new ModPack Numbers) to come!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  13. Abardon

Abardon Member

Wow, 10 years. I haven't been registered as part of this site for long, but I have been downloading the modpacks for a very long time (still have most of them clogging up memory).

When I was an 11 year old kid wanting to get into D&D I used my birthday money (September birthday) to buy this game when I saw it in the store. I loved the game but I just couldn't beat the moathouse so I spent most of my time running around Homlet trying all sorts of things and learning the spells and items. Then came the patches which made life a little better, then finally I found out about the Co8 mod and the game quickly skyrocketed to being one of my favorites of all time. When people ask me for a good RPG, the first recommendation I have is ToEE + Co8.

Now I am about to start playing through this new modpack with my favorite ToEE PCs I have created over the years and am planning out a lengthy post (not for here) on the past 10 years of this game, and how it has affected me and my love for D&D. This has been a very important game to me, and I can't wait until next year when suddenly "SURPRISE! We have been working on 9.0 this whole time!" is on a banner across the website

Our Host!