Any way to make this game run faster?

Discussion in 'Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines' started by Allyx, May 8, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I know this site is mostly about Toee but I got this game too, and I was just wondering is there any way to make vtmb run any faster? I can't use the smallest screen resolution - instant CTD as soon as I load my game. Any suggestions?

2. ldonyo

ldonyo Member

Drop the details levels as low as you can stand, kill off any shadows, and use the lowest form of lighting available. I have this game as well, although my hardware allows me to use all of the eye candy. I also have it on a system that cannot use all of the eye candy, so I've had to cut back on a few things.

3. lexb123

lexb123 Member

Yep

The man gives good advice. Here is another one... But you migh tnot like it. Kill the sound. It will speed it up a bit, but I don't think the sacrifice is worth it.
    What do you think of the game so far?
    I beat it twice and still love it!

4. ldonyo

ldonyo Member

Killing the sounds takes a whole bunch of the atmosphere out of Bloodlines. I'd run it in 16-bit color before killing the sound! ;-)

5. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Yeah this game kicks ass, I played a live game or three years back, didn't get into it though... conflicts being resolved in 'rock, paper, scissors' doesn't quite have the same effect on me. The rules are basically the same though.

6. Naked_Lunch

Naked_Lunch Member

7. txa1265

txa1265 Member

Absolutely - I'm not generally a fan of the music types in Bloodlines, but they are so fitting to the game, and so well done ... I hung around and revisited 'The Last Round' just to hear 'Lecher B*tch' a few more times ;)

Mike

Our Host!