Thats it?! (spoilors warning)

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ki Rin, May 24, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ki Rin

Ki Rin Member

ok i beat the old hag after completing the elemental nodes.. she turned into a fungus freak i killed her in 5 rounds or so and its game over?! say it isnt so! ;p

2. ordinaryjones

ordinaryjones Established Member

In fact there are easier ways to beat the game than that.

3. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Indeed, I finished the game at level 5 and totally by accident the first time. Was mighty unimpressed at the time hehe

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

To have a tougher final battle, don't break the gold skull first - then u face her at full power.

I am told... I have no desire to find out! Easy final battles work for me :)

5. Ki Rin

Ki Rin Member

so whats the easiest most unimpressive way to complete the game?

6. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

IIRC. Get skull, then destroy jewels.

7. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

You can do the quests for one of the temples and then go down and meet Hedrack. Join the temple (you may have to do a quest for him too), and it's over. Lame, really.

8. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Weren't you the one fighting Eyes of the Deep over and over to level up? The game was only designed to go up to 10th level. Every level beyond that is going to make the final fight easier.

But for the toughest fight with the boss, don't destroy the skull and accept the pillar of platinum.

9. Ki Rin

Ki Rin Member

aye had a 14th lv the rest were 12-13 to be honest it made no real difference i beat the boss using weapons as magic, as usual, was uneffective.

10. asimpkins

asimpkins Member

Two easy ways to complete the game and avoid much of the Temple and major combat:

1. Complete three quests for one of the minor temples and then another quest for Hedrack. You then join the temple and the game ends.

2. Get the Orb of Golden Death and then head directly to the old woman. From here depending on a few factors you can either banish Zuggtmoy or become one of her servants. Both options can be reached without any combat.

#2 is probably the easiest and quickest assuming you are strong enough to get through the massive tower ruins fight and then kill the wizard who's holding the Orb. (Although #1 will be pretty easy as well if you make a point to wear the correct robes in the appropriate areas.)

Last edited: May 25, 2005
  11. Ayce

Ayce Member

magic can be effective

I find magic missle can work well with a high level caster and greater spell penetration. Before I swallowed my pride and used Scather, I had to wear down the balor with such tactics before he'd run out of spells and close with me (ice storm helped wear him down too). Kept him busy wasting his spells on summoned monsters and animals as well. The buzzword today folks is....
    Greater Spell Penetration!!! Check it out.

While I'm at it, does anyone have any effective method of fighting both Zuggtmoy and the Balor. I find I can't resist any of his spells (fear always takes effect and can't be dispelled or broken), so my palidan is the only one
    can ever close with them. Hitting either of them with even +3 items is very hard to do even with strength buffs and weapon focus.

So as I said, I wear both of them down with magic missle and other spells, then send in my palidan either with scather or his +3 holy sword (depending on how brave I feel) and hope his hit points, stoneskin and lay on hands will keep him in the fight long enough. Anyone got a better idea???

12. Ki Rin

Ki Rin Member

holy on weapons does the job especially with haste. i never used attack spells as they are too weak. and summons die fast and provide too many cleave oppertunities. just save before the fight and buff your fighters and keep casters away.
    also what summon the balor etc first casts can change the tide of battle. the worst is that oversized frog.. the sickness skill it has lasts way too long and disabled characters. if he summons that bs frog just reload and try again.

Our Host!