Are the starting quests still in the modpack?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Holywhippet, Sep 19, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Holywhippet

Holywhippet Member

I noticed in the modpack description it mentions adding a quest so that you don't have to do the "fedex" quests in Hommlet. Does that mean the Hommlet quests are almost all cut out or are they still available?

I mean if I look in a guide on gamefaqs.com it mentions doing a couple of quests for Black Jay but when I speak to him no options come up.

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Gamefaqs has an outdated Walkthru.

One of the banners on the top of this page is titled TOEE GAME GUIDE AND WALKTHROUGH, I recommend you use that one instead.

gazra1971 has put together just about everything someone could want to know in his guide.

If the guide seems a bit large just scroll through it until you see a header that covers what you're looking for.

On a side note; I find it much more fun to talk to the Smyth about "something different" instead of doing FedEx type quests. ;)

3. Holywhippet

Holywhippet Member

4. Holywhippet

Holywhippet Member

Odd, the updated guide still mentions the Black Jay quest but speaking to him doesn't give me anything. Do I need a certain level of speaking skills?

I don't seem to be able to access Welkwood Bog. I've tried speaking to both the smith and the Captain of the guard but neither have anything to say about it.

5. sirchet

First you have to ask the Smyth about something different and he will question your ability to handle it, just assure him you know what dangerous is.

Then you have to speak to the capt, I've seen a few occasions where I had to talk to him twice to get the "I had an interesting talk with the Smyth" line which leads to the WWB quest.

A silly question, you are playing the NC "New Content" version of the modpack, right?

There is 8.0 and 8.0 New Content.

6. Holywhippet

Holywhippet Member

Ah, that would be it. When I saw new content mentioned I assumed it was content added since the last version of the mod.

Can I export my characters and restart with the new version or would I have to start completely from scratch?

7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

You should be able to export your PC files, yes. Can't hurt to try :)

8. sirchet

I would recommend downloading the portrait pack also and start from scratch with the new awesome pictures for your characters.

Our Host!