You Favorite NPC

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Tathum, Aug 29, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Tathum

Tathum Member

Was curious what people's best experience was with certain NPC's...

I'm personally a big fan of Fruella. I typically give her a smaller hand axe in her off-hand, give her a Dex point at 4th, and take everything that pumps her prowess with the cleavers every fighter feat.

Enchant her stuff and she can do a good 30+ a swing...

Plus, I find all of her constant complaining kind of endearing.

"No one tells me what to do!"

Anyone use Cavanaugh? Wanted to make him into a Fist-Only Fighter. And who is your favorite NPC to use?

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Meleny is pretty popular because of her sweet personality.

I like to console into a half-orc and give her base 18 strength (her game strength is 8). I call this version "Perky Death". :dead::chick:

3. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

I like Zaxis. He has good stats for an NPC, and is quite versatile. I usually give him a composite shortbow, the +3 longsword, and some elven chainmail. He can blast with Sound Burst, and later some Fireball wands, he is great with the bow, he is a decent backup melee fighter, he an heal in a pinch, and he can even the battlefield with a charm spell. And of course he starts every battle with a bard song, and he can also help everyone out with a competence son as well, that extra bonus can help your rogue into a tough lock.

I usually keep him in bard levels until 11th, then I give him fighter levels.

4. Tathum

Tathum Member

If you console her into a half-orc,

I really think her father should look at her with raised eyebrows. Probably would be safe to say that he isn't a widow, he murdered that wife after Meleny was born.

And to think that they had so much fun when the all Orc Circus came to town...

5. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

I vote for Chanda, although there is little background to be found and have a very pleasant personality, she has a potential in wielding powerful swords i.e. Fragarach, Scather. Just multi-class her into a Fighter/Cleric then she is ready to kick-somebody-^%% and whats good she keeps her trap shut, whenever I feel like killing anyone. :)

6. nyarlathotep

nyarlathotep Merry Murder Maniac

I quite like Furnok with his "wisenose"-like banter & attitude :) Plus, he sounds so happy & hopefull whenever you offer him a place in your adventuring party.

If it wouldn't be for her constant nagging, Fruella would probably be one of the best NPC's, stat-wise. But she nags waay to much to keep her in my party.

And Zaxis has a bit of the same problem... his banter is funny in the beginning, but after a while the novelty of a singing character wears off and he just becomes very... nervewracking.

7. scramjetbooster

scramjetbooster Blasted Nerfherder

8. maalri

maalri Immortal

Elmo and Meleny- they should get married.

Hey can we put some banter between THOSE two if they are both in the party and perhaps and end scene with the Ranger and Druid of Homlett getting married?

That'd be cool.

9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Meleny'd have to divorce you first. :p

10. Tathum

Tathum Member

Never! We're soul mates!

Using Meleny right now and the higher level we get, the less impressed I am with her. I think if we had a smaller party, she'd be more useful as a summon monkey. But, right now all she's good for is the occasional magic item maker.

At least my Paladin got a Holy Sword out of it.

11. scramjetbooster

scramjetbooster Blasted Nerfherder

Khalid and Jaheira... hehe

12. Tathum

Tathum Member

Is Chanda the elf that is with the Gnomes at the start?

How do you get her to join your party? Is she a joinable NPC during the Gnome quests in Verb?

13. nyarlathotep

nyarlathotep Merry Murder Maniac

BLASPHEMY!!! ... The only right answer is Minsk & Boo :p

Also, I thought Chanda was the hillgiant girl on lvl 4

14. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

That's Kella. Chanda is indeed the elven Moathouse captive chick, and no, she's not recruitable in Verbobonc.

15. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

As Gaear answered.

A young man named Serathil has dream to embark a journey to explore the whole Flannaess. Serathil is a talented man surpassing his father wizardly skills to read and invoke the contents of the scrolls, he has a good body and face texture and elven-blood runs in his veins. At an early age his father died, his father was a part of the army of [Good] Good vs. Evil at the battle of Emridy Meadows, Serathil then become an orphan child. As an orphan he joins an infamous thieves guild and become a skilled rouge harnessing his skills in thievery and scouting, he even successfully steal the sword of his guild master. The guild master of course is enraged, and deployed the best scouts to perform a manhunt, when Serathil nearly escape the scouts in an alley way, a man in black robe appears... The man [speaks] "Come with me, we have an important task for you." Serathil immediately obeys his order without any second thought since the manhunters are on its way, and the man seems to have several dangerous sub-ordinates ready to attack within the shadows. The man opens the sewer grate and let Serathil climb down from the ladder. While climbing down, Serathil smells the stench of blood on the floor, and the faint light appears to be coming from candles, the banners of Hextor appeared in shadows before Serathil. Serathil is disturbed at the mere sight, Serathil then walks to meet the Hextorite Priest, the Hextorite Priest [speaks] "YOU! You shall retrieve for me the sword Fragarach, the Fragarach is the most powerful sword in the whole Flannaess! For I will destroy it with my own hands! Meet Turuko at the Hommlet Inn, HE will give you the whereabouts of that SWORD!, NOW GO! May the curse of Hextor UPON YOU!" Serathil, immediately unsheathed his two swords and hold the Hextorite Priest neck with swords from behind, Serathil [speaks, devious smirk] "I will get that sword with my own hands, and I will CRUSH that upon your GOD!" Serathil saw several men appearing in shadows, Serathil immediately casts Otiluke Resilient Sphere at them, making them unable to move and trapped. The Hextorite Priest has already chanting and invoking the Sun Strike Spell Serathil immediately performs a critical strike[body] at the Hextorite Priest, making the chant dispelled, the Hextorite Priest is badly wounded and cast a healing spell, but before he can cast it, Serathil strikes[neck] cutting his throat. Several men are on its way to Serathil, and when Serathil is about to run he is shot by a poison arrow, rendering him in a very bad state. But Serathil has still managed to escape the city for good. His next destination is Hommlet.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
Our Host!