Just starting, two questions

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by outdrack, Aug 25, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. outdrack

outdrack Member

1. For the past two days, after i install ToeE and co8, I have tried and tried to get custom portrait working on the latest version of CO8, used google youtube, and all over this site. No avail, however, i did have searched somewhere else and someone mentioned that it doesn't really work correctly in the latest versions. Is it true? If not, how do i get it to work?

2. Is it a good idea to start co8 first, i have never played vanilla. (have some experience with the turn base system TOEE use though, and some experience playing dnd)

2. SenorOcho

SenorOcho Member

3. outdrack

outdrack Member

Good enough, thank you

4. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

I recommend that you play the latest version of the Circle of Eight Modpack NC instead of the vanilla game first. The reasons for this are that:
    1. The A.I. of opponents in the vanilla game is really poor compared to the deadly new A.I. that opponents have in the latest version of the Circle of Eight Modpack NC.
    2. The Circle of Eight Modpack has a LOT of bug fixes and rules compliances that make for a MUCH better experience of playing the computer game 'The Temple of Elemental Evil: A Greyhawk Adventure' than the vanilla game.
    3. The NC version of the Circle of Eight Modpack has almost all of its new content only available AFTER you complete the bit in the game that is the ending of the vanilla game, so the NC version of the Circle of Eight Modpack doesn't unbalance the original computer game, and you are effectively able to continue playing the computer game after you have finished the vanilla game (the New Content in the Circle of Eight Modpack NC DOUBLES the length of this computer game!).

You might want to wait until the Circle of Eight Modpack 8.0.0 NC is released on September 16 before playing this computer game. It will be the final version of the Circle of Eight Modpack NC (unless any "patch" versions are released afterwards).

Our Host!