Need Amazing Help on this stuff...

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Core, Aug 10, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Core

Core Member

Hi, i have A?D&D Forgotten Realms Anthology Master Collection on DVD for PC running on WinXP Pro x32 SP3. (Here: http://boccobsblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/ddca.jpg)

I got the permanency spell bug at Lvl 6 and i had to forget my game, sigh. So i turned to Co8's Mod, downloaded & installed v7.8.0 NC (I don't like the download procedure at all "too much ad noise", but it's not my issue), and started anew. The Front-End is super clunky big & uncool because i'd like to setup, create an desktop icon to click, and play, but no, it appears to be what it is (not my issue).

I'm totally impressed with the Mod creator(s), obviously years of work has gone into it, the fact that i can somehow have better game play for free is truly a blessing, or is it...

Qs:

- Why can't i keep my Lvl 0 characters from ToEE? or How can i?
    - Why can't i rename characters that i'm already playing a game with? or How can i?
    - Why can't i press a button to sell an item? Why do i have to *drag* every item over and suffer carpal?
    - Why do i see weird graphics quirks like unreachable NPCs outside of buildings i'm in, or fragments of rooms? (e.g Hommlen Cheese House)
    - Why does the new scars in the old battle field (one with Giant & Bear & Skeletons) have the wrong color grass textures?
    - Why do i get crazy graphics corruptions, like the all brown, or black/white?
    - Can i turn back on the auto-saves?
    - Where can i get a detailed understand of the optional settings? Especially Turn Concurrency and Turn Movement End?
    - Why can i not search bodies while in combat like i could in original ToEE?
    - Why does the Shepard sleep with a woman NPC at night, but complain his wife is dead during the day? (Courtship of Eddie's)

Update: I installed v7.9.0 NC now all it does when started is crash with a memory read error:
    AppName: toee.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: ntdll.dll
    ModVer: 5.1.2600.6055 Offset: 00012437

Any help? Tia.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

It sounds like you may not have followed the installation steps exactly as they are written.

Did you apply the official Atari patches when the guide says to?

If you have followed the installation instructions then I would recommend re-activating the module, (button in the lower left of the front end).

You can't bring your characters you created from vanilla TOEE over to the modpack because it is a separate game.

I don't believe you can rename any character once created in the TOEE engine, except in the character selection portal.

We all have to drag and drop to sell, but that would be nice, although you can right click to loot.

Auto-save cannot be turned back on due to it's likeness to corrupt all saves present.

3. Core

Core Member

Thanks for that, I did not apply any external patches because the install instructions said not to, so i think i followed them correctly. I just did the Re-Activate, same memory error on start up. Do i have to remove v7.8.0?

Is there a character editor or save game editor where i can fix or change things?

Are Game Saves from v7.8.0 NC playable in v7.9.0 NC, how about beginning characters?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  4. scramjetbooster

scramjetbooster Blasted Nerfherder

Blame Troika. They have a habit of making great games with clunky interfaces. Hehe..

5. sirchet

You cannot use a save game across different major versions.

You can continue a save game on updated versions.

7.7 to 7.8 = No
    7.8 to 7.8.1 = Yes
    7.8NC to 7.8.1NC = Yes
    7.8NC to 7.9NC = No

6. scramjetbooster

There's an editor, but some people report that it can cause CTD. You can use the console though. How to use console properly

7. Core

Core Member

Ok, that console is useful. Hey is this game really over?! I mean i steal some gems from a chair and game over, darn fungus wench never made it to the melee... now i *really* need to solve the Co8 snafus i get for v7.9.0 so i can enjoy more content!

8. sirchet

Did you go through the elemental nodes from the portals on the bottom level of the temple?

If you didn't clear the bottom floor, you missed most of the real fights in the vanilla TOEE.

9. scramjetbooster

If you didn't grab the gem you'd get to fight that fungus wench. Also..

10. Core

Core Member

Yea, i reloaded so i could do more, i hope there's more, and i hope someone can tell me why Co8 won't start:

v7.9.0 NC crashes with a memory read error: AppName: toee.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: ntdll.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.6055 Offset: 00012437

Our Host!