How do you play your druid with the AC revamp with Co8 mod?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by nvidejay, Jul 2, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. nvidejay

nvidejay Member

Just a quick shoutout to all about how you guys would play your druid after the ACs and some of the summoned critters have adopted a rather "defensive and passive" way during combat. Are they even good anymore? :(

2. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

I think a druid is easily the most powerful class* - the game's AI doesn't have a countermeasure to "passive and defensive" and you get to choose where your summoned elementals land.....

* anyone who thinks I'm talking nonsense really should start experimenting with druids, clerics and metamagic.

3. nvidejay

nvidejay Member

While I find it true that druids have access to rather powerful spells and summons (especially with augment summoning) with shapeshift and easily make one of the best crafters in the game , the AC changes have actually in my opinion made the ACs rather weak. Do you still actually use the ACs in the game?

4. Pygmy

Yes, jackals make great bodyguards for the party wizard/sorcerer - especially Spugnoir if you are using him for crafting.

5. nvidejay

nvidejay Member

I see, alright i'll give druids another go and see how it works out haha thanks for the help pygmy

6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

What with all the crying ;), I guess this will be reverted to the old way in 7.9 where your ACs automatically die each battle from AoOs. Pygmy, you should have spoken up sooner. :p

7. Pygmy

I believe I did but I assume that when you are not running Co8 as a benign dictatorship Gaear the forum is basically democratic and the balance of opinion is clearly against me.

8. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

I have a weakness to sarcasm on the internet, so if it is then disregard me.

But.. I haven't played with the new AC's yet so I don't fully know, but from your explanations of it, I'd much rather prefer the new method.

9. BenWH

BenWH BGPHughes

A vote for the old method. The new method has some value, but it's just a bit unreliable, and no good for charmed or summoned animals.

10. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

The summons and charms issues were fixed, actually.

11. phlippy g

phlippy g Member

Is there a way to have an in game "toggle", to go back and forth between the two? I find both types of animals useful. All in all a good "fix". If you could choose the att/def of the animal in combat. It would be awesome.

12. nyarlathotep

nyarlathotep Merry Murder Maniac

Well, if this is the moment to support an inbuild choice in toeefx for defevncesisive or offensive AC(s I'm all for the choice to be available.
    Well - in fact... I'ld like my AC's to be suicidal until lvl 5, and from then on to be more defensive... Is that possibe?

13. scramjetbooster

scramjetbooster Blasted Nerfherder

Probably already asked before, but how about making your AC controllable like NPC as if under the influence of Dominate spell?

14. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

An animal companion is limited to certain things it can and cannot do according to the level of the Druid and the feats selected when the Druid levels up.

If the right "tricks" are taught to the animal it can perform certain actions.

Here's a link to a better description.

ANIMAL COMPANION

15. scramjetbooster

scramjetbooster Blasted Nerfherder

Well you can tell that I'm no DnD hardcore gamer...:p Anyway, I'm currently playing with a druid in my party, and her AC is still there as cannon fodder.. Bugbears extremely hate bears!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
Our Host!