Spell Permanacy (even after Jaroo)

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by BenWH, Jun 23, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. BenWH

BenWH BGPHughes

Recently fought against Zug and a number of my party got afflicted with the Vrock's purple cloud effect. When I went to Jaroo to have it removed, it still stuck to the characters. There were no negative effects, but the visual effect is still there. I went back and re-fought the fight to have a clean party (which was no hardship!)

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

A Vrock's spores, even after the actual pain inducing phase of their growth they then lasts for an additional 1d4 days.

Spores (Ex): A vrock can release masses of spores from its body once every 3 rounds as a free action. The spores automatically deal 1d8 points of damage to all creatures adjacent to the vrock. They then penetrate the skin and grow, dealing an additional 1d4 points of damage each round for 10 rounds. At the end of this time, the victim is covered with a tangle of viny growths. (The vines are harmless and wither away in 1d4 days.) A delay poison spell stops the spores’ growth for its duration. Bless, neutralize poison, or remove disease kills the spores, as does sprinkling the victim with a vial of holy water.

3. crhallen

crhallen Toee addict Supporter

I had the same issue with 4 of my 5 party members after fighting vrock that was summoned by the Glabrezu in the node. I went to Jaroo to remove spell permenancy and it worked on my lead character, 1st in the party. I tried it on the rest and it did not work. The same sequence was followed by Jaroo, killed and reincarnated, but the other three still have the spores. i tried putting them in the lead but it did not work. I guess i will just walk around with what looks like three smelly heroes. Its part of my new diversity initiative.

4. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

I've described my issue with this problem in the general commentary thread about the v7.8 modpack...

Our Host!