Furnok Glitch?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by aanalore, Jun 15, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. aanalore

aanalore Member

I am using Mod 7.8. I have a rogue in my party, but I will usually take Furnok with me as well. (Unfortunately, he often meets with an "accident," leaving my rogue no choice but to take his magic dagger.) So...on one recent expedition, we found ourselves at the Welkwood Bog. We killed all of the baddies and found the treasure chest. On this occasion, I had Furnok - rather than my rogue - pick the lock on the chest. He did so successfully. But my characters were unable to add any of the items in the chest to their inventories. Clicking on them did nothing. Has anyone else had this happen? Is it a result of the "humble NPC"setting? Furnok opened the chest, but couldn't loot it, so the rest of us couldn't either? I would be interested to know whether this was a one-time glitch or something more.

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

When you say the others could not loot it, was Furnock still the one who opened it and with it opened you just clicked on someone else's portrait?

Have you tried having your rogue open the chest and loot it with Furnock just watching?

I'm pretty sure an NPC can't be "in charge" of the chest when looting.

The Humble NPC mod stops NPCs from doing any looting.

3. aanalore

aanalore Member

Yes, Furnok opened the chest. I then clicked on my ranger, who tried to take the items from the chest. I couldn't take any of them.

4. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

You need to get Furnok to step away from the chest and then get the ranger to open it his/herself - at present I think Furnok is trying to remove things from the chest and place them in the ranger's backpack.

5. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

Might be worth leaving the area and returning to 'reset'.

Our Host!