Random fixes

Discussion in 'Negative Energy Plane' started by Chris Woods, Sep 28, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Chris Woods

Chris Woods Member

Okay, what follows is all the fixe sI've got working now with the necessary link to the file. Let me make it clear that I have so massively modified protos.tab that it doesn't remotely resemble Troika's version. If there are some other people who changes protos.tab, it might just be easier to let me know what they are and I'll update this one.

There are also some additions that I felt were justified.

Spells

The entire Cure/Inflict line of spells worked wrong. Cure Light Wounds, for example, should heal 1d8 + 5 if case by a level 5 Cleric. ToEE's version would do 1d13 instead, adding the level bonus to the die size rather then the result. This has been fixed for all Cure and Inflict Spells

Scrolls

The following scrolls were broken in various ways. Either they couldn't be scribed, didn't scribe at the right level, or weren't even the spell advertised. (Fox's Cunning was actally Aid, for example) They are all working properly now:

Invisibility
    Resist energy
    Detect Secret Doors
    Fox's Cunning
    Owl's Wisdom
    Hold Portal
    Greater Invisibility
    Animate Dead
    Hold Monster
    detect undead
    endure element
    protection law/chaos/evil/good
    summon monster 1 (through 9)
    the 6 stat buffer (bull strength, etc)
    shatter
    dispel magic
    hold person
    magic circle law/chaos/evil/good
    protection vs. energy
    wind wall
    bestow/remove curse
    break enchantment

Wands

There were all sorts of problems with wands. Some wands couldn't be crafted, some didn't cast the spell they were supposed to, and a lot weighed 10 lbs instead of 1 lb. All wands should now work properly.

Misc Magic

All magic items that were previously un-craftable are now craftable. (Bands Intelligence, etc.)

Cloaks of Resistance work right now

Dust of Dissapearence is now worth 3.5 DMG value rather then 0 Gold

Chain Boots, Chain Gloves, Plate Boots, and Latherath (whatever his name is) Plate Boots no longer cause encumberance

Several potions didn't work before. They do now. (Charisma, Heroism, etc.)

Additions

The following items have been added to the "Craft Misc. Magic" feat. They have standard 3.5 ed Statistics

Bracers Armor +1, +2, +4
    Cloak of Archanidia
    Circlet of Blasting, Minor

Wand of Magic Missiles has been broken up into Wand of MM (2), (3) and (5). You have to be level 3, 5, and 9 to make them, respectively.

The following Rods have been added to "Craft Rod"

White Rod, Minor
    White Rod
    Grey Rod, Minor
    Grey Rod
    Black Rod, Minor
    Black Rod
    Staff of the Transmuter
    Staff of Defence

Full descriptions of all those items, for the descriptions.mes people:

Cloak of Arachnidia
    +2 save bonus vs spider venom
    immunity to "web" spell
    cast "web" 1x day

Circlet of Blasting, minor
    lev 6 Seraing light 1x day

Minor White Rod
    +1 light mace, Casts Cure Light Wounds : Aid : Protection from Evil, Good only

White Rod
    +2 light mace, Casts Cure Serious Wounds : Magic Circle vs. Evil : Searing Light. Good Only

Greay Rod, Minor
    +1 Club, Casts Goodberry : Obscuring mist : Summon Natures Ally I. Neutral Only

Greay Rod
    +2 Club, Casts Dominate Animal, Sleet Storm, Summon Natures Ally III. Neutral Only

Black Rod, Minor
    +1 light mace, Casts Inflict Light Wounds, Prot Good, Cause Fear. Evil only

Black Rod
    +2 light mace, Casts Inflict Serious, Magic Circle vs. Good, Animate Dead. Evil Only

Staff of Defence
    +1 staff, +2 shield bonus
    50 charges of Mage Armor, Shield, Protection from Arrows, Mirror Image, Fog Cloud
    Wizard/Sorc only (Use Magic Device can override)

Staff of the Transmuter
    +1 staff
    50 charges of Bulls Strength, Owls Wisdom, Foxs Cunning, Bears Endurance, Eagles Splendor, Cats Grace
    Wizard/Sorc only (UMD can override)

The following files were modified to bring about these changes.

/rules/protos.tab -- Extreme Changes. My protos.tab looks nothing like Troika's now.

/rules/item_creation.mes -- Major Changes. With a little work this file could be merged with another.

/mes/descriptions.mes -- Minor changes. One copy/paste would merge this with another Descriptions

/mes/item_creation.mes -- Cosmetic Changes. "Caster Level" changed to "Level" as that is how the game calculates it internally.

/mes/item_creation_names.mes -- Minor changes. One copy/paste would merge this with another i_c_n.mes

Link:
    www.cs.okstate.edu/~woodsc/mtt/mtg2.zip

Chris Woods

2. qwert_44643

qwert_44643 Member

HOLY SHIT CHRIS thats alot of fixes cool.I hope this gets implemented into the fanfix patch.....hint hint nomad.

3. Chris Woods

Chris Woods Member

Some additions

* Burne no longer gets summon monster V at 4th level

* All cleric domains but Air are fixed. Air is bugged majorly, looks like a typo in the linkage in toee.exe but I can't be sure.

* added the following to Craft Misc: (all type gloves)

Hands of Fire (5/- fire redist, Burning Hands 1x Day)
    Hands of Cold (5/- cold resist, Chill Touch 1x Day)
    Hands of Electricity (5/- elec reist, Shocking Grasp 1x Day)
    Hands of Life (+1 fort save, cure light 1x day)
    Hands of Death (+1 will asve, inflict light 1x day)

Reason I added some gloves is that magic items should e more of a choice then the no-brainer it is currently. (+str gloves for fighters, +dex gloves for ranged people)

Link unchanged from first post.

Chris Woods

4. Nomad_Wanderer

Nomad_Wanderer Established Member Veteran

Picked up these files, but have not yet rebuilt..

Will rebuild tommorrow morning..

5. qwert_44643

qwert_44643 Member

Hey Chris,
    Anyway you can implement some magical jewelry(rings and amulets),a ring of regen would be cool if its not already in there.
    Great job man.
    qwert

6. Chris Woods

Chris Woods Member

It's possible to do a ring of regen, and it works.

Problem is, it works *exactly* right -- which is to say by WotC rules.

With a regenration effect, all damage is treated as subdual (which then recovers at a rate of 1/rd or whatever) So, in ToEE, when I wear my regen ring all the damage is done to me by adding a "blue bar" to my health -- like when you fight trolls.

While that's accurate, it's kinda confusing to the novice player.

Chris Woods

7. Two Sheds

Two Sheds Member

I downloaded your fixes, but I'm not sure if they're actually working. One thing I know ISN'T working (at least for me) is the chain gloves/boots thing--somebody puts them on and they still reduce movement rate. I unzipped everything to ./ToEE/modules/ToEE/ with paths intact. Any idea why it wouldn't be working?

Edit: I also checked my 'Craft Wondrous Item' options, and your new additions were nowhere to be seen (Bracers Armor +1, +2, +4; Cloak of Archanidia; Circlet of Blasting, Minor). Also, the previously un-craftable items (band of intellect, etc.) were STILL un-craftable because of the whole SPELL_NONE thing.

Are these fixes a you-have-to-start-a-new-game type of thing? If so, pardon my ignorance. Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2003
  8. Chris Woods

Chris Woods Member

Directory structure belongs in ./data not ./Toee....

Get the beta v1.2 (currently) thing instead, as it comes with an installer as well as fixes beyond my simple mod. The password for the bets is listed in the thread.

Chris Woods

9. qwert_44643

qwert_44643 Member

yeah the chain boot/glove works at least for me it does.
    id like to cast my vote if i may to do a ring of regen maybe put a disclamer telling how it works.
    i like the idea of mixing up the magic items a bit you know what you said bout the fighters wearing the str bracers and what not.
    qwert

10. Vermin

Vermin Member

Actually, a ring of regeneration isn't supposed to work like a troll's regen. According to the 3.5 DMG, its wearer heals 1 damage per level every hour rather than every day. Non-lethal heals at 1 hp per level every 5 minutes. It also allows regeneration of limbs and organs, not that this would matter in the game.

11. Dhoom

Dhoom BIG Troll Berserker

Chris, I have to say... of all the work we're all doing here, I'm digging yours the most :)

Yer gonna have to post a tutorial on how you're adding all these items :)

I could probably figure it out, but it's the time consuming effort I don't want to do. :D hehehe.

Anyway. You rule, keep up the excellent work. :)

[wonders if Chris is someone from Troika, in disguise...]

12. omedon

omedon Member

I had the same thought.

action: quietly goes back to lurking...

13. olaf

olaf Member

Damn. Awesome list of fixes. Any chance you can fix the broken armor check penalties for masterwork and enchanted armor?

Also, are these fixes rolled into the V1.2 fixpack download? One post makes it sounds like they are, another makes it sound like they arent.

olaf

14. Chris Woods

Chris Woods Member

* Masterwork Skill Check penality workaround implemented in regards to armor. The "base skill check" for all masterowkr armor is adjusted so when the materwork penality gets applied the final result is accurate.

* Masterwork/Magic short swords should finesse now -- keyword: should.

* ingame Help files updated to reflect fixing of Cleric Domains (except Air)

* Ioun Stones added. (When will developers learn? All games are better with Ioun Stones.)

Same link as in first post.

Chris Woods

15. PlatinumWeaver

PlatinumWeaver Member

Say what?

Our Host!