[WIP] ToEE Front-End X 5.0 Progress Report

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Agetian, Apr 20, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Re: [WIP] ToEE Front-End X 4.0 Progress Report

@ Gaear: That's true - if it works out I'll post it here, otherwise I'll just use the plain black one you've submitted! ;)

- Agetian

2. Agetian

Ok, I don't think the shining icons are working out very well, but here are two versions that are more successful than my other attempts, see if any of this is actually more or less good - otherwise, we're probably better off with the plain non-shiny black image as Gaear has submitted.

- Agetian

Attached Files:

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

They actually look kind of cool, but I think we're better off without. I can see the shine because I'm looking for it, but I suspect it may just look vaguely flawed to the unconcerned eye.

4. Agetian

@ Gaear: Yep, I agree, let's stick to the plain black icon for now!

@ Aji'Tae: Are you still working on updates to the resolution hack? (just asking 'cause I'm working on final preparations for v4.0 public release - if it has to take longer to create a fully working cross-platform reshack, which is OK if you need more time, I think we can postpone it till after v4.0 is released and make it a part of the next v4.1/v5.0 release after that).

- Agetian

5. AjiTae

AjiTae God

Yes, i'm still here.)
    dlls Test "temple.dll" first, if it doesn't crush - ok. If it does - restart and test temple.[2...8].dll one by one, than say when it crushes.

6. Agetian

Nice, I'll get down to testing later today and will post the results ASAP!

- Agetian

7. Agetian

@ AjiTae: temple.dll works perfectly, the resolution changes OK, the UI is centered OK, and I do not experience any crashes.

- Agetian

8. Gaear

What role is temple.dll actually going to play in all this? Will the one we distribute with the modpack have to be patched accordingly? The reason I ask is that I already have a heavily modified temple.dll as a result of all the UI updates that are going to come in v7.9.

9. Agetian

@ Gaear: I'm assuming that AjiTae will provide a patch in the form of hex offsets and values which can then be implemented as a reshack option in the front-end, which will, in turn, work just like any other dll hack currently implemented in the front-end - it will be able to work with whatever dll the module uses, so I don't think it will be an issue (unless the UI fixes you're talking about are going to clash with this implementation because they use the same offsets for other purposes or in a different way, which I don't think will happen, but that will probably need a bit of testing if you believe it might be an issue).

In order to test how it works, if you send me the dll you're talking about, I'll be able to see how it behaves once the reshack is applied to it, and see if there are any issues.

- Agetian

10. AjiTae

AjiTae God

Or it can be included in last co8 temple.dll permanently as other modifications.(last hack works with any .cfg resolution, but... it lost its original meaning - works fullscreen only, does nothing with windowed mode :) )
    Anyway i'd like to see that .dll too.

11. Gaear

I assume what has been worked on lately here is this thing to get the screen centered, correct? If that's the case, I think that should be automatic and not another selectable option in TFE-X.

Here is the current temple.dll: http://www.co8.org/files/temp/temple.dll

12. Agetian

Sure thing, it can be made fully automatic, and I agree that it should be because it's pretty much the desired behavior for the game.

@ AjiTae: it's actually a good side effect that the new hack now has a separate responsibility from the one for the windowed mode - it would be no problem just implementing it this way in TFE-X: if the user selects windowed mode, the front-end applies the hack that's currently in there in order to make the window bigger; if the windowed mode is unchecked, the front-end applies the new hack which centers the UI in fullscreen. This way, it's a win-win situation - if the newest dll hack works with Gaear's .dll file, I'd love to see the offsets/values so that it can become a part of the front-end. ;)

- Agetian

13. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

Have finally restarted with a fresh install of the game, modpack 7.8 NC and front end-x v.4- very, very nice so far and love the progress indicator, as well as the progress of the installation showing up on screen. Very nice work gents- congrats...:thumbsup:

14. Agetian

@ Gehennis: Glad it's working out fine for you so far! Thanks!

- Agetian

15. Agetian

@ AjiTae: Have you tested your fix with Gaear's latest DLL? Sadly, I don't have the exact offsets yet, so I'm unable to test things myself until you provide the patch in the form of offsets and values...

- Agetian

Our Host!