[WIP] ToEE Front-End X 5.0 Progress Report

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Agetian, Apr 20, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. AjiTae

AjiTae God

Re: [WIP] ToEE Front-End X 4.0 Progress Report

This is important information.
    Try this. 1680x1050
    //hope i don't bug you too much

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  2. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

@ AjiTae: no don't worry, I'm glad to test all the things you submit! :)
    Unfortunately, the behavior of the newest hack is similar to the old temple_a.dll - it launches once but not again; it does work once again after a full system reboot (even the X server restart is not enough) but only once; it seems like this hack does not restore some setting or something like that to its correct state before the game finishes?... Anyhow, when it starts it works perfectly, the problem is that it's impossible to make it work again until the system is fully restarted :( I guess you're pretty close to the solution though...

- Agetian

3. Agetian

An interesting find: the latest hack you posted works consistently if you wait for about half a minute after you close the game. So:

Launch the game once - works fine
    Launch the game again immediately - CRASH

But:

Launch the game once - works fine
    Wait 30 sec, launch the game again - works fine
    Wait 30 sec, launch the game again - works fine

etc.
    Weird, huh?...

- Agetian

4. AjiTae

AjiTae God

Try this. 1680x1050.

5. Agetian

@ AjiTae: Will get back to it ASAP, sadly, can't test in the morning 'cause I have an early start at work, but I'll test after the work! ;) Thanks!

- Agetian

6. Agetian

@ AjiTae: Umm same crash as with the previous versions, for some reason I couldn't get the latest one to work in a "wait 30 sec" fashion, as opposed to the previous one :\ Not sure why.

- Agetian

7. AjiTae

AjiTae God

Hmm. There is nothing more to test without linux. I'll install it in a week or two.
    And for now this patch is only for windows. =\

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  8. Agetian

Alrighty, let me know if you need any advice or help with Linux in the future, I'll be happy to help! :) I'll test some more and see if I can come up with anything conclusive, too - I think with the previous patch we're pretty close (actually, it kind of works, you just have to wait between game startup sessions for some reasons, it seems like something is not cleaned up automatically on Wine that takes the Wine server some time to auto-detect and clean up, that's the only way I can explain a half a minute delay that is necessary between one game session and another in order to make it run normally and not crash on the subsequent startups).
    Thanks for your effort, Aji'Tae, much appreciated!

- Agetian

9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I've noticed that I'm now consistently getting crashes after exiting the levelup UI. I don't think it's tied to anything I've done, as most of my UI stuff is just cosmetic (and I still get the crashes without the more involved recent .img file changes).

Can somebody see if you can replicate this? I'm running 1440 x 900 in windowed mode, but it also crashes fullscreen at 1680 x 1050.

In case you don't know, just console 'levelup' without the quotes to get a quick XP shot.

[ed.] crash confirmed with clean .dll.

10. Agetian

Hmm this is very strange... let me revert a couple things and post a new version (coming up soon), please see if it still crashes for you after I do (make sure to start with a clean dll).

- Agetian

11. Agetian

UPDATE: Updated to Release Candidate 7. Temporarily disabled Aji'Tae's windowed mode reshack until a cross-platform solution can be devised, made a couple modifications to fix the potential levelup crash.

@ Gaear: Can you please take a look and see if you're still getting a crash if you start with a clean DLL and use rc7?

P.S. Also, here's an experimental edition of new TFE-X (aka rc8) which preserves the non-intrusive version of the windowed mode reshack while correcting the issue with the levelup crash (hopefully, keep your fingers crossed ;)).

- Agetian

Attached Files:

12. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Hello, Agetian, sorry for hi-jacking this thread but I have a question for AjiTae :(. AjiTae, is it possible to integrate more hair colors in ToEE? Currently, there is 8 color slots available, as you can see in the first image provided 'hairswatch'. With your current understanding of hex structures is it possible to add/integrate hair colors in the .dll file? So we can just call it independently instead of adding it manually to the hairswatch, which is a complicated process to begin with i.e. adding buttons, boxes, resizing menu.

We can use it for pregenerated PCs and NPCs, ideally for the 2nd image provided, which lacks the green hair color slot. :)

Attached Files:

13. AjiTae

AjiTae God

i'll see what I can do.(But no promises. I'll start separate "dll-hacking" thread in that case.)

About the windowed hack:
    I got linux, got wine, and found a place of failure(and fixed through debugger). So all I need to do is make the hack itself.)

14. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Okay, no more crashes. :)

I used rc8.

15. Agetian

@ Gaear: Awesome, glad to hear it! Yeah, there was a problem with one of the ported dll hacks that got injected wrongly, now it should be fine. Thanks so much for testing!

@ Aji'Tae: Thanks, that's good news! Will be happy to test and integrate the new hack as it becomes available! :)

@ Everyone: of course, I'd really appreciate it if more people tested TFE-X so that if there are any issues left, they are found and fixed in due time :)

Our Host!