Zaxis and Bards..

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by dragonalumni, Mar 1, 2012.

Remove all ads!
?

Do you prefer to keep a bard in your group?

1. I always carry a bard!

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. I usually/often play with a bard!

23 vote(s)
    46.9%
  3. I don't recommend bards.

19 vote(s)
    38.8%
  1. maalri

maalri Immortal

So, this thread got me thinking and I scrapped the current game I was in (same old, same old and boring) and started all over.

My new party I call "The Others" because I have NO main classes in it.

My front man is a Human Paladin, but I also have a male Human Sorcerer that is diplomatic and intimidating. I have a male Dwarven Monk, a male Half-Orc Barbarian, a female Elven Bard, and a female Half-Elven Ranger. - Edit- And I am getting Meleny as a Druid!

It may be a bit tougher without the "original" classes, but so far it is a BLAST.

Bards, Pallys, Sorcerers, Rangers, Monks and Barbarians FTW!!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  2. J'allan UlDragos

J'allan UlDragos Dragon Warrior

AMEN sir!

other than adding a cleric, those classes are the only ones i really use!

i also highly recommend a ranger/rogue combo

and every time i take Furnok as a henchman, the rest of his levels are Sorcerer levels with fire-based spells. He makes a great pyromaniac rogue! lol

3. maalri

maalri Immortal

Crap, I forgot to mention Druids! Let me go back and edit my post! Druids make excellent healers, tanks, and mages!

I don't like FedExing, but I will do what is necessary to get Meleny, she is worth it in SOO many ways :mrhappy: :censored:

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I'm running through this time with my rolled up fighter and just people I can pick up along the way.

It's hard to believe in all these years I've never actually done this.

Mona's ex-slave girl is getting pretty good now that she's level 10.

Me, Ronny, the slave girl and a Mage that keeps looking everywhere for scrolls are starting to feel pretty tough right about now.

5. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

This poll is stilted. There's no response for, "I don't mind bards, I just don't use them." :|

6. kylan271

kylan271 Established Member

There is only musical instruments for sale upon party set up,and afaik,with the pretty boy from the moat if you let him live. I think add ons in the city also? So the game limits bards if you switch to one after party set up.

At higher level i found Zaxis with better equiptment,even a +1 mandolin if I recall. So if you can get him,try at a higher level.

Bards/Rogues are the party speaker,but Zaxis can not,so wasteful in this area,as he is an NPC. I find his voice better than Ronald's sorry. Try both singing in your party???

Our Host!