Trying to kill St. Cuthbert

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by darkstar128, Apr 21, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. darkstar128

darkstar128 Member

Okay, the battle with Hedrack... There used to be a glitch where you could get both Iuz and St. Cuthbert to attack you. Going in with uber characters and stoneskin, it used to be possible to kill both. I got Cuthbert to show up by knocking Iuz out with nonlethal damage, but as soon as you attack Cuthbert and its his turn, he disappears instead of attacking you like I remember he used to in vanilla.

Was this something that was "fixed" in 7.7.0 NC? I would really like to kill him again. I also noticed his mace is switched out... no longer the blue glowing one..

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Yes this was fixed; Cuthbert will never pursue a battle with you beyond his first turn if you somehow game the system and break the routine. He was never meant to.

In the NC modpack, you can battle Iuzes and Cuthberts at the end if you like, and we may eventually build a 'choose your own battle' type thing where you could select them as opponents.

3. darkstar128

darkstar128 Member

No offense, I mean, this is one of the greatest mod projects out there, but I didn't like that decision...

Just a suggestion for a future release, somehow have an option to fight them both in the hedrack battle, and then by killing their avatars you weaken them or tick them off for the later battle... just a thought.

Anyway, for this playthrough, killing them both there was my supreme goal... so I made it happen.... console for the win (if they can buff themselves beyond mortal ken, so can I) :D

Cheers.

P.S. considering I have played this game so many times before... I'm simply having fun with it :)

Attached Files:

4. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

There's always the option of downloading an earlier modpack, I guess...

5. phlippy g

phlippy g Member

On Darkstar128;s comment. If that could be set as an option to fight one ,the other, or both would be awesome to see. Also I like the idea of it being tied into later conflict. (possibly minion's, and /or minion's+ avatar) Seeking revenge. :rock:

6. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

In which modpack was this fixed? I fought cuthbert during the hedrack battle in one of the recent ones, 7.3 I believe it was, but I havent tried recently.

7. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

In 7.7.0 When ST Cuthburt appeared he talked to Iuz, threw a little magic around and POOF he and the ugly one were gone.

8. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

What if IUZ is knocked out? That was the way I initiated combat with cuthbert in the early versions. Knock out IUZ before cuthbert shows up and cuthbert just walks around saying IUZ until you walk up and take a swing at him. Thats the way I did it, I didnt know of any other way to get him to fight you.

Our Host!