Dealing Ability Damage to my characters

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Rudy, Mar 20, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Rudy

Rudy Established Member

I'm trying to test out some modifications to the Lesser Restoration spell. Can I get any ideas for easy ways to deal ability damage of the various types to my characters? Ideally I'd like to do every type of ability damage.

2. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Crippling Strike is the easiest way I can think of to deliver Strength damage. Everything else requires a creature of some sort (Stirges for CON, Banshees for CHA... can't think of any others off the top of my head).

3. Rudy

Rudy Established Member

Awesome. I actually used Cloudkill for CON damage, but I'd forgotten about Crippling Strike, so thanks for that. While ideally I'd like to test it for all abilities, really only two were required. And I believe I've solved the Lesser Restoration item randomness issue. :)

Thanks.

4. mrmarginal

mrmarginal Member

Clerics get contagion, curse, and poison.

5. Rudy

Rudy Established Member

Hmm... I'll have to play with Contagion, see what damage it can do. Thanks! I'm fairly certain poison deals CON damage, which I've already checked. Curse doesn't actually do ability damage, but rather gives an ability penalty until the curse is removed. Lesser Restoration doesn't help with Curse.

But thanks for the Contagion reminder!

Our Host!