Co8 New Content: War of the Golden Skull

Discussion in 'New Content Subdirectories' started by Gaear, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Can I ask, what were you getting Ronald to do during combat? CLick on enemy to attack, full attack, single attack, cast spell etc?

2. xraygord

xraygord Member

If I remember correctly, just normal click attack.

3. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

Same for me, full attack without moving with a team-mate following. Clicking on Ron's target --> single 'bashing' noise, followed IIRC by next guy up having an 'empty' action bar. Hasn't happened for a while though.

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I've had Ronald not have an attack animation more than once.

It usually happens when I have him resort to melee.

To be clear, he attacks and if he hits it does damage it just doesn't have an animation.

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Hmmm... Not sure. I'll go out on a limb and ask, did he have Rapid Shot?

6. xraygord

xraygord Member

I have never used Rapid Shot with Ronald.

Another bug with WotGS...

I do not know if this was covered before.

Situation: A Bearded Devil enters the Elementalists invisibility sphere. I move a PC which comes close to the BD and gives the BD an attack of opportunity. The attack of opportunity never ends. The BD just keeps on hitting until the PC is dead. Whether it is 3 hits or a hundred, it just keeps looping until the PC is dead, then everything seems to come back to normal.

I am not 100% positive if the situation I described triggers the bug, but it has happened a total of 4 times now. The last 3 were as I described but I cannot remember exactly what happened the first time as it was something new.

7. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

I had something similar happen back when the Hextorites ambushed you outside the ogre cave (sometime before 7.4, I think). One of the fighters in the Elementalist's invisibility sphere seemed to receive infinite AOOs until his target was dead.

8. Goshi3156

Goshi3156 Dire Badger

I distinctly remember mentioning the infinite AoOs with Invisibility Sphere once. Just avoid doing actions that would provoke an AoO while you're in an Invisibility Sphere.

9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

No, not jerkstop.

Rest would be an inappropriate reaction to the town coming down around your ears, but you could always try it anyway if you were really sleepy. ;)

It's also possible that there may be some around town while the whole thing's going down.

I think Fear has always functioned that way.

^ Yes. Most bugs of this nature are core stuff and are never going to be fixed by us, so the best 'solution' is to not make them happen.

10. kylan271

kylan271 Established Member

Bugs:
    1. I did get PCs with low action for their turn,which is wierd.
    2. The Unlimited AoO was a real pain!
    3. Not a bug,but a spoiler-The Northern Patrol is hidden behind the church
    4. Jerkstop-stuck in combat action happens near the sign post which is RED,as in an enemy. Happens if use world map to near it-map out to another area ends it. Trigger is enemy next to party? Not always a bug.
    5. Spoiler-Resting fails the quest,but you can get healing from Church and Jaroo. Also the assassins carry potions.
    6. Quarry add on was a pain-party died,eek. Need to buff before entering cave. And Ditzzie died...,you should put him in featured characters! No Dwarf clerics,maybe next update? Same enemy seems limited,perhaps variation. The same for the Hexorites,no monks,and no crossbows???

*Hexorites,apart from the defence building clash,I suffered no major damage,apart from ocasional firestorm,icestorm etc. I have no tanks in the party so had to find another way to kill them without even spells. Heh.

Good game,scarey.

11. Gaear

Which modpack version are you playing? The signpost doesn't even exist on that map in modern versions.

12. kylan271

I am confused,the signpost is next to the Inn yes in 7.6 and now 7.7. It normally is green,but when I had freeze up,it was red.

13. Gaear

If it's happening during WotGS, the sign post is not there at all. Are you entering combat outside the inn while not engaged in WotGS?

I suppose we could try to diversify there.

14. kylan271

Oh I see this now,my mistake. I had jerkstop outside of WotGS.

15. crhallen

crhallen Toee addict Supporter

You have us all spoiled with the exciting add ons. Twotgs, when the artillery starts dropping i can't move the party out of combat as usual and i have either an NPC or spellcaster lock up during combat. version 7.2, is there a trick around this? i dont want to start over yet. Thanks again for the years of new adventures. my virtual heroes.

Our Host!