difficulty setting?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by thetalik, Mar 8, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. thetalik

thetalik Member

Hello,
    I'm loving the game, but does anyone know if there is any sort of difficulty setting that can be used to make the fights a bit more challenging without the restrictions of hardcore mode? I'm on the second level of the temple, and my characters are level 7 and I'm finding that I'm wading through without much difficulty.

Thanks

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I think you may have hit the temple a little later than most folks.

The only difficulty adjustment that I'm aware of is taking things on at a lower level and of course the unusual party build, you can like some folks, place your own restraints on certain actions , ie: no fireballs until a certain time.

3. mrmarginal

mrmarginal Member

Unfortunately, there is no difficulty setting to increase the challenge of fights.

I suggest enabling the temple defenses to change the layout of some of the fights. This will increase the difficulty while fighting the lesser temple factions in dungeon level two. I do not know which version of the mod introduced this, so if you plan to activate it, be sure your version includes this option.

Spoiler:

To activate the temple defenses and put the lesser factions on alert (I think) kill falrenth (sp?) in dungeon level 3; there may be required dialogue to do this. I am not sure if this puts the earth temple on alert as well. Some confirmation regarding these statements would be appreciated.

Most of level 2 is pretty easy.

The most challenging dungeon level 2 fights include:

-air temple faction (on alert)
    -water temple faction (on alert)
    -NE room with lots of bug bears
    -noble salamanders

That is as hard as level 2 gets.

The challenge increases again in dungeon level 4.

Note* This mod is not "Tactics" nor "Improved Anvil".

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  4. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

In the ToEEfront-End X you can set "Max HP for NPC`s" in the Options. This is at least something close to a difficult setting.

5. speedy

speedy Member

To make game more difficult, you can always use less PCs at party (maybe only 2, fighter and wizard?) and not use npcs. I think that would work good for your needs.

6. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

Go fighter, wizard, cleric- and no crafting. Better yet, use classes you normally wouldn't- for me that would be bards, druids, barbarians and the demi-human races.

Our Host!