PC feat change, once again...

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by speedy, Mar 2, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. speedy

speedy Member

I read about that in this forum, and still not sure.
    I created 5 characters from scratch and under level 5 I noticed bad starting feat for druid. She is human and I gave her spell focus conjuration and greater conjuration. My mistake, I thought it will give bonuses for summoning and cure wounds. Druid has no bonus feats, so I really want to change greater conjuration (no "web" spell will be granted as far as I remember?) to Augment Summoning (and at least get greater conjuration really later) and get one of crafting feats at 6th (on 3rd I found scribe scroll usefull) to share it with wizard and relieve.
    I read different opinions about change feat here and dont want to crash my save/game, so my question is do you tested one of the following scenarios with no future problems:

1. Ferros' ToEE Character Editor v0.7/v0.8 - is this really work without crash save/game or other future problems? Which version you tried?

2. I am not sure how goes created characters book with saves. Main question is that saves are INDEPENDENT from created characters book or are RELATED (by code ID)?

2a. In this case, I am going to delete character from create book at NEW GAME mode, create it again with different start feat, but with the SAME NAME, and hope when I back into my save, the feat will be changed.
    Will that try break my save/game?

2b. In this case, I am going to remove character from party and delete from create book at IN GAME mode, create new one with different start feat and the SAME NAME, add to party, use console to bring her level up, save game, exit all the game (not only to main menu), run game again, load save.
    Will that try break my save/game?

2. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

They are independent. You can play a savegame in which e.g. your PC XYZ has reached level 10 and then go ahead and start a new game and add the same PC at level 1 for that new game.

As far as i know the ingame way to add player characters with the guest book e.g. in the inn in Hommlet, works only for beginning characters of level 1 and not for higher level characters.

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

All the characters stored in the log book are the same characters you see at the character screen in the beginning, (level one) because there is no "import character" option to move a character from a saved game to the character file.

4. speedy

speedy Member

SOLVED:
    I went to hommlets inn with level 5 party.
    Gave my character items to one of party members.
    Clicked on characters book.
    When characters table showed up, I clicked on 5th character portrait and ADD button changed into REMOVE.
    Clicked remove and confirmed that I know what I am doing.
    Clicked CREATE, created new character with same name, selected it from the list and clicked ADD.
    New member of level 1 appeared in my level 5 party.
    Used SHIFT+~ to open console.
    Typed there: game.party[4].stat_base_set(stat_experience,8000)
    Used SHIRT+~ to close console.
    New character which was 5th in line (-1 for console, so 4) gained 8000 experience.
    I could set level up 4 times for this character (level 5).

Note that new character had same name as old one, and both were on characters list, but old one were just red and no more selectable.
    Hope that will helps someone.

5. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

Nice! :thumbsup:

6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Created characters are indeed not identified by a unique name. You can for example have 50 different halfling barbarians named Ed in the book at the same time.

7. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

How come I don't have a shirt key on my PC? :p

Did you know that game.party[4].award_experience(8000) would raise the xp of your number 5 character by 8000?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
Our Host!