class-granted things?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by speedy, Mar 1, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. speedy

speedy Member

I tried to find on this forum and also with google, class (race?) granted things like feats, spells and other bonuses (hp?) they got for free when leveling. For example, ranger get rapid shot and druid get few spells. Is there any list, wiki or other source of this knowledge which is ToEE compatible?
    Many thanks.

2. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

The manual of ToEE?

3. speedy

speedy Member

Original manual is more valuable than I thought some time ago, but there is something missing. For example, ranger at current level 2 has "Rapid Shot (ranger)" feat which is not mentioned at this manual and also I didnt took it when creating character from the scratch or leveling. Is this one of Co8 changes?
    Another thing is that when I played game without mod, wizard got extra spells I didnt choose. For example bulls strength or cats grace (at that was not also from copy script), which I could use later in crafting. So, if it was not some kind of bug, I wonder which extra spells beside choosen, wizard can get at perticular level.
    Bonus question about wands. Spell penetrance depends on user, not wand creator? DC and modifier bonus depends on user or wand creator? Why I am asking? For example, paladin was able to use Cure Wounds wands created by druid or wizard was able to use its wand created before leveling, so I wonder what affects wand effectivity and whats not.

4. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

Rapid shot is described in ToEE´s manual on p. 77 and p. 90 e.g. in the pdf manual that came with the GOG download. Rangers simply get that feat "for free" when choosing archery style and only wear light armour.

None? A wizard gains spells when gaining levels which you can chose from a list. And a Wizard can learn spells from scrolls he finds or buys.

5. shapecharge

shapecharge Established Member

Speedy,

Are you thinking of the extra spells a specilized wizard gets, These are granted if you specilize in a school on charecter creation.

6. speedy

speedy Member

I played Milee (preset Wizard) in original game update 1 (without co8) some time ago. I dont remember right if she was specialized or not, or it was a bug or what, but I had granted spells like Bulls Strength and Cats Grace for example, which I didnt take under leveling (I took mainly damaging or enhancement spells, not temporary-point-increase) or by copy spell (I didnt use if before).
    Now, after pause I play with GOG release and co8 mod. My wizard is created by me this time and specialized with evocation, but I cant see other spells than this from leveling or copy spell, only extra slot for specialized spell. I believe its right like it works now and there was some kind of bug in original update 1. My wizard gained extra spells like druid gets. I was wondering what spells are granted for free. Sorry for my mistake.

7. shapecharge

shapecharge Established Member

The extra spell slots for your specilized wizard are correct..any "extra or bonus" specific spells you got for a wizard like a cleric's domains spells would of been incorrect so if that happen in a previous version, its been fixed.

8. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Clerics and Druids are granted their spells at level up, (a whole list for the level) while arcane casters are restricted to gaining more spells per day but must acquire the spells on their own, except for the few they can choose at level up.

Clerics and Druids = Here's a list you can cast any spell from it each day.

Arcane casters = here's a list choose a few to add and get the rest on your own. Mwahhahahah!

Our Host!