Epic Encounter

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Mouldyrye, Feb 28, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Mouldyrye

Mouldyrye Member

Random overland 8 Hill giants... 600 xp each with 8 in my party over level 10.

2. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

I got that one once, but one of the giants was stuck just outside the bounds of the map. I couldn't target it, and it couldn't move. I had to run to the other side of the map to end combat.

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

That sounds awesome!

I've had eight trolls, but never eight hill giants.

Did you get the XP for it, or did running cancel it?

4. Number99

Number99 kicking Iuz

I'd like more of these encounters. Nice fights that aren't over with a single fireball!

5. phlippy g

phlippy g Member

I have'nt played7.7 long enuff to see this.I'm hopeing that I see this kind of difficulty esclation on the under ground temple map's also. In 7.x outside over land I've also seen the tribe of ettens,dozen or so trolls,8 to 10 jellies,ect.On another note an "epic battle" I like to set up is.To set my party in the area near Scorp.Faceing the room with bugbears,I'll open the doors to the giants,and ogres rooms.Then open the bugbears,and leaders rooms.After combat starts I'll toss spells in to the giant,ogres to awaken them. This usually is a tough fight.:)

6. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I've always thought it was strange that I could slaughter a room full of ogres and no one would hear a thing.

I think the rooms should empty out and SURPRISE!! At least one of the higher level Bugbears in the other room should come out and see what the noise is.

7. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

It was a very nice XP boost just when I needed it, though of course I didn't get the XP for the one lurking off the map.

8. Number99

Number99 kicking Iuz

I've encountered 6 ettins once. And in the last playtrough I had 12 Will 'o' wisps. Great fight!!!

Our Host!