smigmal bug

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by aquaman, May 12, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. aquaman

aquaman Member

i think this is a bug. I came across smigmal she attacked icharmed her and got her dialog, she left the dungeon but still had a spot in the party (empty blue circle). latter went back to her room she attacked agian did her dialog thing but there was no image of her. I could she her red targeting circle and her attack radius but could not attack back. could not see her with the invisiblity purge or see invisible spells or true seeing scroll. she would not take any damage from weapons or spells. any ideas? i am running 1,2,co8 3.0.4

2. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

is she the elf in the temple? (if you go through the gaurd tower, and take a right at the underground passage, and then go into the first room up) i had something similar happen to me.

3. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I maybe mistaken, but I think this was fixed by temple.dll. If you're not playing Liv's mods, then you should have it. It fixed a whole bunch of stuff.

4. taltamir

i donno about him, but i DO have livs mod and i had a similar problem.

5. halarious

halarious Member

i don't think this is a bug, i think you have to have high numbers in sence motive, and catch her lying 1st time you go in to the room.

this is from before liv's mod.

6. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

The best bet is to kill her before the dialogue starts. She has a ring of invisibility, so that causes a problem. You can still hit by clicking on her portrait on the initiative bar, but she has a very high AC, like AC8 eleven chainmail and shield. Your party may not be strong enough at this time. I have Prince Thrommel do the dirty work before we leave the temple. Maybe reload and come back when the party has leveled-up and is stronger.

7. taltamir

ok here is what happened to me.

I meet the elf girl under the burned farm... She was compelled to fight me.

Before she died she "woke up" from the compulsion... my only dialogue option was to tell her that she is safe and that I rescued her (I am evil and wanted to slaughter her for her gear). She then "disappeared" to go out.

Later on, I got into another fight that dragged into that room. She was "there", but invisible and not attackable, and she kept hitting my guys. I could see a red circle, but noone in it. I reloaded to a previous save, and this time I made sure to only inflict high amounts of damage, so that i could kill her BEFORE the dialogue came into play... she had nice loot! (I think she had a blue elven chain or something)

8. Al Ronnfeldt

Al Ronnfeldt Member

There has been a lot said about the Smigmal bug where, the second time you meet her, she's invisible. But I found a different one. When I cast Dispel Magic on her (in the first meeting) to get rid of her defensive buffs, she suddenly (on her next action) started acting like she'd been brainwashed, just like Paida. Is 1) she really brainwashed 2) she's lying 3) a bug?

9. Number99

Number99 kicking Iuz

That's not a bug... Just hear her out! If you have her note from the assassin to avenge Lareth in your inventory you'll get a dialogue option to confront her with that.

10. Al Ronnfeldt

Al Ronnfeldt Member

I mean, I know that she's supposed to start a dialogue when her hit points get low enough, but is she supposed to do it when hit with Dispel Magic?

11. Number99

Number99 kicking Iuz

That I don't know. Haven't tried that before... Maybe anyone else has...

Our Host!