Co8 New Content: Hickory Branch

Discussion in 'New Content Subdirectories' started by Gaear, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. phlippy g

phlippy g Member

I think they were going to try that later.I hope not,I've played a 6 person party with Melony through to takeing out hedrick & co.,and just reached 10th level.Plan on going though one or two node's before crafting some.Then on to the Zuggmonster.:)

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

That's correct, HB will not be moved until v7.8. For now it's as it's always been.

3. chano

chano Established Member

ok, good to know.

Got AoH aswell, has anything been moved?

4. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

When the blockade is attacked it takes sometimes critical hits. Shouldn´t it - being an object - be immune to critical hits?

5. ConjurerDragon

After defeating the Lords in Hickory I found the key, used it on the chest, looted it´s contents - but the logbook still claims that key was "never" used...?

Same for the chest in the Minotaurs cave. Used key, opened chest. Logbook claims key never used.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  6. ConjurerDragon

Checking the logbook after finishing Hickory Branch I found that Noblig and Dokolb (the named goblin and kobold leaders from Hickory) are listed *lower* in the ego-monsters slain tab than the "goblin leader" and "kobold sergeants" from Welkwood Bog. And the latter are listed higher than their employer Mathel... :no:

All are listed as CR 3 encounters in the log, so what makes them appear in that order? And is there anything that can be done to have them appear from lowest to highest: generic goblin leader, generic kobold sergeant, Mathel, Noblig, Dokolb so that it makes sense that the first two serve Mathel and the latter two are later, more difficult encounters?

7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Go ahead and mod it by all means.

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Probably. Not sure if that's doable though.

I thought all keys in ToEE were never used. Yes ...

Likewise, I thought those listings normally jumped all over and were heavily affected by interaction, just like load/save games (which shift top-to-bottom if you delete one). That's just the way ToEE works, and not something we can mod anyway. Furthermore, the game doesn't magically know that a CR 3 mob called Noblig is 'better' than a CR 3 nameless goblin leader.

9. ConjurerDragon

If it´s not possible to make the blockade object immune to critical hits, would it then perhaps be possible to give it something like "hardness 8" which would be approbiate for hewn stone according to the PHB? Or if hardness isn´t possible either, would it be possible to give it damage reduction to everything like the undead in the Moathouse Respawn wrongly had for a while?

10. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

I suppose some enterprising alchemist could find a mixture of C3H5(NO3)3 to use on it, although that might require a nobel effort on their part....;)

11. ConjurerDragon

Didn´t Nobel only discover how to safely store Nitroglycerine in Dynamite, but Nitroglycerine existed already before him?

However Alchemy <> Chemistry so I wouldn´t expect someone to blow the blockade up with such stuff.

12. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I think that would infuriate 99% of other players for no benefit whatsoever.

13. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

How about the new treasures of the Twin Hammers of John Henry- each hammer is a +2 weapon that does 2d4+2 damage (19-20 x3) but does 2d6+2 (18-20 x3) to earth elementals and can destroy stone or earthen blockades in 1 turn? (Please keep in mind that this post in meant solely for the entertainment purposes of our audience...:))

14. Al Ronnfeldt

Al Ronnfeldt Member

Spoiler Alert: I wonder why the Fiendish Minotaur has 100 temporary hit points. Did someone cast the spell for him, or did he do it himself? I don't think it's a power they have.

15. ConjurerDragon

What would infuriate them all?
    That a block of solid stone has hardness (or damage reduction as the mechanic for that is similar) as in the RAW?

Or would everyone expect it as perfectly normal that a piercing weapons damage is reduced by 5 when hitting a weak skeleton but that arrows could dig the St. Gotthard tunnel through solid stone? ;)

Our Host!