Calmert attacks me - WTF?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by jeffh, Jan 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yes it is.

There's more if u don't kill Lareth.

2. krunch

krunch moving on in life

yah - Lareth is effeminate with a spider fetish...a truly misunderstood drow

laff.. just kidding.. *smirk* just play and learn the new changes for lareth.. it's all cool and real good

PS: Now, that was funny. *grin* (can't stop laughing)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2006
  3. Dragon_Awakened

Dragon_Awakened Wandering Warrior

I keep killing Lareth. I enjoyed it this time around because of the "help" that Lareth calls on. Here I was thinking everything was cool once Lareth and his help here dead the two other "big help" show up at the exit and nearly made me load my trousers. (loved the new addition)
    Took the quests from Calmert and the cook in the church.
    Still working on black jay's quest to find out what's killing his sheep (I believe it was the hemlock but go figure I go to Jaroo to see if he will have any insight and all I get is the same old diatribe.)
    Took the two quests from the brothel. (one of the harlots is named Riana(sp?) and ophelia doesn't have a good opinion of her. Is this Riana the sister of Serena; Mona's ex-slave or whatever she was? I could not find Riana in the brothel though.
    So much to do.

4. krunch

krunch moving on in life

bagnio, brothel, bordello, bawdyhouse, cathouse, whorehouse, house of prostitution, house of ill repute, love shack, sporting house, shag flat, house with a southern view, smut hut

5. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Go to the Snake Pit and take a much closer look-see.

6. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

IIRC the madam gives you directions to her room

7. shapecharge

shapecharge Established Member

Ok reviving an old thread I know, but I had a similar thing happen as per original poster and latter Thongor and seems it really never got answered.
    I entered to resurect a dead PC and was attack by Terjon and Calmart with the dialog startting the fight above.
    The only thing I can think of is I had two charecters wearing Earth Temple Rings (no robes).
    Otherwise I am a NG party and have not done anything "Evil" Towed the good guy line.

Is the rings the issue?

8. sundog

sundog Member

Never had Calmert attack me, that's new...I did once have the whole of Nulb go hostile after i sacked and burned the Waterside Hostel when i spotted Dala the pick pocket and choose a rather confrontational response to Rensch....funny thing was even Otis attacked me, i must of killed his fave Prostitute.:dizzy:

I always kill Lareth sorry his gear is nice and his xp reward....and the comment when he dies "Not in the Face!" too funny.

P.S you can get the traders to ambush you anytime even if you do kill Lareth just trick a magic short sword out of them first then smack one of them a bit til he squeels, don't kill them let them run....then they bring their little gang to your house in Nulb for more bravado and arrogance before they finally die and drop some nice stuff...TBH their *little gang* is tough prepare for a good scrap.

9. shapecharge

Well went back to previous save, and took off the earth temple rings prior to travelling to Homlette and still attacked upon entering the temple of Cuthbert.
    So reloaded took off rings and went to the jeweler to sell them prior to going to raise dead and the Jewler and his guards attacked me on entering.
    Went to my reputations and I have no evil reputations..just Moathouse Cleaner, Exorcist, Prision Liberator, and prison liberator extreme (or something similar).

So does anyone know what would cause this: I usually don't like to go back to previous saves if it was based on a decision I made (just haven't made any shadey decisions) so if I did something I will take my lumps and play out the game. But I am getting a feeling the data is flawed or bugged on this save.
    If anyone has a quick reference of actions that make homlette faction attack you I can compare to see if I did any of them. Other notes that might factor.

I was in homlette-then Nulb-then went to Temple to finish off 1st level and Earth faction (last battle was in Earth Temple proper where the Elementals are).

NPC's include Spungnoir ( who sides with Terjon upon entering battle) and Ramniol who of course stays on my side. I have had these two NPC's since 1st level and no others.

10. Kilraven

Kilraven Chaotic Good Lich

I have had Calmert et al attack my LN,LG & NG parties whenever 1 of 2 conitions are in effect.

1. fallen paladin

2. butcher of hommlet rep due to third NPC death.
    (usually why my pally is fallen, which has the curious side effect that the only person able to 'raise' the pally is KoS):sadblinky

11. sundog

sundog Member

try doing a random encounter fight before returning to town, same thing happened to me in Nulb until i forced a fight with a random encounter and then it was fine i think it got stuck in a combat loop and the random encounter fight let finish combat naturally, i guess my last fight ended weird i don't know.

12. shapecharge

Kilraven,

Thanks for the feedback unfortunately I don't meet any of those two conditions. no NPC's have died, no Butcher Rep and no Pally in party.

Sundog thanks for the troubleshooting tip and I will give that a shot.

Sundog that worked thank did a random encounter and no problems in Homlette

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
Our Host!