Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UncleBuck, Dec 2, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

This. You got very lucky, CD. Consider it the flip side of that TPK in Nulb.

2. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

I've previously killed the assassin pretty easily (let's face it 4 or 5 against 1 will always be tricky odds).. It's just he's usually sneak-attacked my wizard to death first before I get chance to respond.

3. Al Ronnfeldt

Al Ronnfeldt Member

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC Bug Report Thread

Minor flaw: Twice I encountered a Groaning Spirit random encounter; each time she case some spell that gave her temporary hit points. When I knocked off all the temp HP with damage, she got over 15 million temp hp. I think that it's a simple "can't go below zero" bug.

There has been a lot of talk about finding Mickey. I was told he can be found in the inn at night instead of his old place on the street. I've searched both tavern and inn at night, arranged to enter town at night too, and I still can't find him.

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Mickey's in the Waterside Hostel by night, right inside the front door.

5. Tom3

Tom3 Member

Re: Co8 New Content: War of the Golden Skull

I know this is the wrong place for this question but maybe more people would see it here.

I am experiencing a problem I've never had before. I've downloaded a lot of modules and patches.... When I download 7.6 NC it never shows up in the ToEE Front-End. It successfully downloads, it activates the ToEE Front End then never appears... ever. I have five previous Mods listed and 7.5 NC activated. Is there something I am missing. Or do I need to remove all the previous Mods and do s clean install?

6. mrmarginal

mrmarginal Member

Gremlich inquiry:
    Version 7.6

This is my first play through the Verbobonc content, and I am concerned that my save might be corrupted.

I defeated the gremlich in Nulb (at the zone in by the sign post), but the combat provided no xp upon death, nor did the mob appear in my creatures killed log.
    I was able to request a bit of sport from Mona, and the quest became green (complete) in my log.
    My 5 man PC party was level 15-16 at the time.

Is it normal for the encounter to provide no experience?
    I recall Mona(?) mentioning that the creature could not be killed.
    Was my party beyond the challenge rating of the encounter?
    Should I reload to an earlier save?

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I think it should provide XP but everything else seems normal. I wouldn't worry about going back to an old save.

You don't need to remove any previous mods. I'd just try installing 7.6 NC again.

Is there a file called 'Circle of Eight Modpack 7.6.0 NC.tfm' in your ToEE root directory?

8. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

I'm playing v7.6, and am on the third level of the Temple dungeon. Normally, I can free and kill the shadow that starts trapped in the wall between the two rooms full of them, but for some reason none of the usual tricks are working. Is there a way to move that shadow so it doesn't start the battle stuck in the wall?

9. shapecharge

shapecharge Established Member

I think this may already be known. Usually after I kill Lareth I exit through the cave exit, and then fight the ambush and all goes well (well not always well in game play but well as far as the encounter working correctly).

In my current game I decided to exit up top, and the Ambush was present and when I exited I got the intial dialog of "Stop" then no continuing dialog nor did it enter combat. I was able to walk by them go into the tower, heal and replenish spells. Exit; then postion my guys where I want them and ambush the Ambushers.

Not sure if this is a specific bug for exiting up top, since I never had this issue at the cave exit.

Kinda of goes against the whole intention of the ambush to hit you when you are weak on resources, spells, and hp's. Even for players doing the moathouse for the umptinth time you still have to make the decision to exit or try to rest in no safe place in the moathouse which could still get you attacked while your weak.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  10. nyarlathotep

nyarlathotep Merry Murder Maniac

This morning I made a suggestion for a character build, but this afternoon it downed on me that suggestion was flawed... As the feats I suggested don't exist in ToEE. So, is there a possibility that you guys can bring in some new feats?

I was especially thinking about Improved Disarm and Improved Sunder.

If it's possible and you're willing to do that: Great :thumbsup: - if not, well, no harm done by asking ;)

11. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

I believe improved disarm is a selectable (but non-functional) feat.

You will encounter philosophical problems trying to separate a greater temple bugbear from its non-existent greatsword.

Can you imagine keeping the WotGS mobs you have disarmed alive and unconscious long enough to sell their magic weapons?

12. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

Moathouse: Gained access for my Rogue/Wizard by bluffing to be delivering something, then backed out and killed the single guard in the corridor. Left the Moathouse through the back exit to sell loot and heal. Returned to the Moathouse and expected to be attacked as soon as my party rounds the corner to Lareth´s bandits - but they simply stand there waiting in green circles. When talked to they answer friendly and when I have my Rogue talk to the Lieutenant he has the same dialog "you should leave now" as if the Rogue was standing there alone pretenting to deliver something.

Shouldn´t they be kill on sight if the whole party is present?

Edit: I´t no great problem as I could simply initiate combat and start the fight.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  13. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Sorry, no. See HERE, section on Core Combat - we can't add new radial menu options for that sort of thing.
    Tell that to the kittens! :suprised:

14. Ograbme

Ograbme Member

I had trouble accessing the new content (I talked to the quest givers and they said they marked my map, but the Bog and Ranch never showed up). I tried reactivating Co8, and now my saves are gone! Restoring the backup didn't work. Am I hosed?

15. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

You have to back the saves up, then restore them later.

As to your being hosed, doubtful. If you were having trouble with your game and reinstalled it, you probably don't want to use the old saves anyway.

Our Host!