ConjurerDragon's Many Bug, Oddity, and Irregularity Reports and Related Discussion

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by ConjurerDragon, Feb 6, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

After my party killed the Giant Snakes in Hickory Branch they light up when I press TAB. Usually only treasure or lootable bodies light up - but both Snakes were "empty".

2. Kragenskjold

Kragenskjold Member

Re: Bug (Co8 7.6 NC) Report

Hickory Branch does not appear on the main map graphic but does appear on the right side text.

3. Kilraven

Kilraven Chaotic Good Lich

KG,

The overland map locations were reduced to almost original presentation.

The newer places have been removed and only showup in the listing on the right.

4. ConjurerDragon

The Club and Masterwork Club show a range of 20 in the shortinfo when hovering the mouse over their picture but a range increment of 10 when SHIFT-left-clicking for the full info.

Are range increments in the game? My elven sorceress with her longbow either can shoot at an enemy or he is out of range, but I haven´t seem something like a display of a range penalty (like e.g. in Pool of Radiance: Myth Drannor where a -1 is displayed for the range penalty when hovering over the far away enemy).

5. shapecharge

shapecharge Established Member

It does not show a range penelty scrolling over an enemy prior to shooting, but you can see any range increment penelties you are incurring on the roll's menu.

6. ConjurerDragon

So only *after* I have shot? Is there any way to see at which range increment / what penalties I am firing before the shot?

7. ConjurerDragon

The masterwork heavy Saber that I found lacks a description (can´t be SHIFT-leftclicked for more information).

8. shapecharge

shapecharge Established Member

Unfortunatlely no it won't tell you range prior to shooting. only if you are out of range..just take the shot, chk the rolls menu and adjust from there.

9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Or get a feel for distances in ToEE. Experiment with a RE on how far you can shoot with weapon x before penalties ensue, and make note of said distance visually.

10. ConjurerDragon

Re: ConjurerDragon's Many Bug, Oddity, and Irregularity Reports and Related Discussio

The Troll Bone, Bone and Mithral Plate Armours from Hickory Branch lack the
    "Armour Proficiency: Heavy" or in case of the mithral perhaps medium part in their description.

11. ConjurerDragon

Re: ConjurerDragon's Many Bug, Oddity, and Irregularity Reports and Related Discussio

After completing Hickory Branch I returned to Hommlet to report to the village elder. After that I looked for new options in the dialogue and went through looking for fun to "equipment" and he mentioned the two traders who sell equipment - who are already gone and the quests regarding them all completed. Would it be possible to have Kenter Nevets notice that they are gone in his text options?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  12. ConjurerDragon

When resting in the Inn "until healed" my party members often display hitpoint gains over their heads that are far too high. The last time some displayed +140 in blue letters.
    And noone in the party has 140 hitpoints yet.

13. ConjurerDragon

When resting the last time all party members were healed after resting "until healed" - with the exception of one of the familiars which was still hurt.

Is the familiar not taken into account when calculating the time needed to rest "until healed" and stays somewhat hurt if it´s more hurt than any of the "real" party members?

I know that time is not an issue in ToEE - but it still bothers me that my party when resting "until healed" rests sometimes for dozens of days. And that while my cleric still has uncast spells that when converted to Cure spells would speed the whole process immensely.

I remember from one of the goldbox games - I think it was the next after Pool of Radiance (the original) that the party when resting would first use up all available cure spells and then use them again everytime they were memorized again, which made resting "until healed" much faster.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  14. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Heh ... if you don't want to rest for dozens of days, then don't rest for dozens of days. :p

15. ConjurerDragon

Sure I *can* rest only for 8 hours, then cast all clerical spells as converted cure spells. Then rest another 8 hours - and be done with resting far sooner ingame than simply hitting "rest until healed" which sometimes takes weeks.

I´m just disappointed that a 2003 game uses only natural healing in that option instead like a game several years older to make use automatically of available cure spells.

Edit: And sadly does not even take into accout the use of the HEAL skill for long-time-care to double the hitpoints healed e.g. in the inn from 2 to 4 / day. Just as the appraise skill of the character with the highest skill is used when buying/selling the heal skill of the character with the highest skill could have been used to determine if the party would receive more natural healing.

Is it intended that the "battle axe" of Elmo uses the picture of a "Single Axe"?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
Our Host!